Return to Heartbreak

Chapter 28:

"Morning guys," I called joyfully as I walked up to Casey and Katie who where next to their lockers. Casey was furiously tapping away at her phone, a giddy smile tugging at the corner of her lips.

Who's she texting?

"Ash!" Katie bound over and crashed into me with a vigorous hug. I laughed as I hugged her back.

"Where's Hattie?" I asked Casey which made her look up from her phone, a small spark in her eyes.

"I heard that she was meeting up with some guy..." She cocked an eyebrow at me suggestively.

"Oh...any idea who?" I asked as a lopsided smile grew on my lips.

I couldn't be happier for her. It's great she's decided to see someone. I wonder who he is... I thought she liked Ryan?

"Nope. She just went and said a friend so I assumed that was a guy," Katie shrugged.

"Maybe she doesn't want anyone to know what she's getting up to," Casey smirked as she flicked a lock of blonde hair behind her shoulder.

I laughed which turned into a small squeal as a pair of strong arms wrapped tightly around my waist and butterfly kisses started to trail up my neck. My heart swelled as I leant back into Corey's hold with a wide smile.

"Hey my little something," he cooed into my ear before he started to place sweet kisses on my cheek.

"Hey Corey," my voice was slightly thick and the hairs on the back of my neck pricked up as my nerves jolted to life.

"Miss me?" He said sweetly once he stopped kissing me and rested his head on my shoulder.

"No."

I chuckled when I felt him suck in a sharp breath and moan sadly behind me. I turned to face him and saw a cute pout on his lips as his dark chocolate brown eyes looked widely down at me.

"I'm joking. Of course I missed you Cor," I smiled sweetly up at him. I placed my hands on his shoulders and stretched up to plant a quick kiss on his lips. He smiled against my lips and enclosed his arms around me. I could feel his heart start to beat faster underneath my hands as he kissed me again.

"You're wearing the necklace," he smiled as his index finger traced the outline of the silver clover that hung around my neck.

"Of course, I would never dream of wearing anything else," I smiled back up at him and his eyes flashed as I said this.

"Good, I liked how you looked on Friday," he smirked which made my eyes widen as I realised what I said implied.

"I didn't mean it like that!"

Corey laughed, his deep voice vibrating through his chest. I felt my cheeks turn a deep crimson as images of Friday night flashed through my mind. Corey started to plant a couple soft kisses on my cheeks as some sort of attempt to make my blush go away. I chuckled and quickly pulled his lips onto mine.

"My mum won't stop talking about yours," Corey chuckled after we pulled apart.

I rolled my eyes,"you don't say! So has my mum. Apparently they are meeting up for coffee this week. My mum is so excited."