CHAPTER-13

"Where have you been?" asked Jacob. I don't reallywant to tell him the truth, so I said "I just went for a walk". Jacob looked mesuspiciously. I asked him to have a cup of tea with me inside my house. Hesmiled and we both went inside my house. I made two cups of tea and served onefor him and had one myself. Jacob left my house after a while. I went to mybedroom thinking about Edmund Calvin. I laid down and closed my eyes, Isuddenly had a vision. In that vision I saw myself killing Jacob. suddenlyopened my eyes and found myself standing in the midst of a graveyard. I looked around,I was in a different place. I was so scared. I turned left and a man wasstanding there. I gasped. "who are you young lady?" he asked. "Iam...uh....alishia....what is this place actually?" I asked him "you really shouldn'tbe here. Get out or else he would be angry" said that man pointing towards theleft of me. I found a grave in the pointed direction. I went near to take acloser look at it. It was written "Edward Calvin". I was shocked. That man wasnot there. I don't know the way out, so I ran from that place. I had thefeeling of being followed. But when I turned back there was no one there. Isuddenly fell down by slipping from the ground. I got up and I found that manwho I saw days before. He got hold of my hair and threw me. I fell far from him.I woke up breathing heavily. I was sweating. What a horrible dream. I didn'tsleep the whole night. I got up and went to the kitchen and drank some water. Iwent back upstairs. I pulled aside the curtain and looked outside the window.That man was there still starring at me. I closed the window and sat on thebed. I cried for a longtime. It was 6:00 AM in the morning. I decided to go fora little walk. So I put on my track suits and went down to the hall. My dad wasreading the newspaper. "You are up so early?" he said surprisingly. "Yeah..Ithought of going for a walk. So I woke up early" I lied. "Ok then, but don't gointo the woods. People say that they are hearing some weird noises, the pasttwo days." He said. "Ok dad. Bye" I left my house and began walking. A foulsmell was following me since I left my house. I don't know where it came from,but it followed me everywhere. I came back to my house and entered my room.That foul smell was present in that room too. I sprayed the room spray and wentinside my bathroom to take shower. I removed my top. I dropped it down and Isaw bloodstain on it. "So this caused that smell huh!!" I said to myself. I putit inside the washing machine and had my shower. I had my breakfast and then Iwalked to school alone. I went to the class and the first hour was attended byBarney Cook. "Ok students..today we will be talking about.." stopped BarneyCook when a boy stood up and asked "Sir..you didn't tell us anything aboutyourself." "Very well then....i just shifted to this town a couple of years back.I joined this school as a teacher as soon as I was shifted. I'm all alone andI've got no family. So that's it about me...so shall we proceed?" Said Barney andcontinued teaching. I wasn't listening to his lessons. I was thinking aboutEdmund Calvin and suddenly something struck my mind. Barney is living in thistown for only two years and how come did he knew about Edmund Calvin?"Something is fishy." I said myself. I decided to talk about this to him. So Iwaited for that hour to get over. The bell rang and I suddenly walked out ofthe class where I was stopped by my science teacher. "Alishia? Where are yougoing now?" she asked. "Huh...nowhere ma'am" I replied and I walked inside the class. I have to wait another one hourto meet Barney. I was very anxious to meet him. So I sat silently waiting forthat hour to pass.