CHAPTER-8

I waved my hand to Jacob and went inside my home. Mydad was not there. I made myself a coffee and took it upstairs and went insidemy room. I saw Jacob still standing outside my house through my window. I drankthe coffee and sat on my bed thinking about the vision I had in my class. "Howdid I see such a thing?" I asked to myself. I had many unanswered questions. Idon't want my dad to know this, so I called Jacob and asked him not to tell mydad and he accepted. It was 4:45 pm and it was raining. I was watching the rainthrough my window. Suddenly I saw a blur image of a man dressed in blackstanding under a tree watching me. I lifted my window and he ran into thewoods. I didn't know what was going on. I decided to go inside the woods. So Icalled Jacob to accompany me but he didn't pick up my call. So I wore myraincoat and went near the tree under which that guy starred at me. I wentfurther in. I was scared. It's quite a big forest and I was so determined notto forget the route. The forest was almost a swampland due to rain. I heardfootsteps approaching and I turned back and found Jacob. "What are you doinghere out in the woods?" he asked me. "I saw a man who was starring at me fromunder a tree and in a moment he ran inside the forest, so I came looking forhim." I replied. "Do you know what time is it now? It's 7:15pm and your dadwill be home by 8. So hurry up and It's too dangerous for you to stay here comeon let's go." I don't know what was going on. It was 4:45 when I saw this manand now it's already 7:15...oh god what is this??? I nearly spent two and a halfhours inside this forest. I don't believe myself. I was holding Jacob's hand sohard. "I'm scared!!" I said him. "No...please don't be scared..I'm here with you"I decided to tell Jacob what I saw today in the class. After I said him he wasshocked a little, but he didn't take it too seriously. It surprised me."Hey...come on...this ain't gonna happen!!" He consoled me. We both went inside myhouse and he came along with me inside my room. He asked me to lay down andthen he wrapped the blanket all over me. He said goodnight and he left. I neverknew when my dad was home. I went downstairs to have some water. I picked upthe glass and poured some water in it from the jug. I drank it and left some inthe glass. When I placed the glass with a little amount of water in it I sawblood instead of water. I panicked. I looked at the mirror and found blooddripping from the corner of my lips, but I never felt the taste of blood whileI drank it. I turned back and suddenly found that man who I saw earlier thisevening. He slowly approached me and I said "Who are you? Do I know u? Why areyou here now?". He remained silent. He suddenly pulled a knife from his pocketwhich had some blood in it already. The knife was different, its handle had adesign of a cat paw. The cat paw had a scar in it. The scar was so clear that Iwas able to see it even in the dark. He came even more closer to me and I movedback, then I shouted "dad!!!" but I heard no response from him. So I ran upstairs.Every room was locked, so I went to the roof and hid in a place behind thedoor. Suddenly I felt my hair being pulled softly by someone, so I turned backand found that man. He dragged me to the edge of the terrace and pushed medown. I fell from the terrace. I suddenly woke up from my bed breathingheavily. Damn!!!! It was a dream...it was more than a dream...it was a nightmare.Thank god I was alive!