CHAPTER-16

Both of them were staring at me like I was crazy. I told them that Barney is behind these walls. They didn't believe me, but I insisted them to break this wall, so Jacob brought an iron rod and hit it hard on the wall. The wall cracked a little bit and again Jacob hit it really hard and the wall broke open and inside was Barney cook sitting in the same position as I saw him in my vision. Barney's eyes opened wide, and this time I untied him. He stood up starring at Jacob with fear. "Why are you scared of Jacob?" I asked him. "Actually you should be scared of him...but you are not.." said Barney. "Why the hell would I fear him? he is my friend" I said in an anger filled tone. Barney answered "He is?? You will see in a moment his true color." "True color? What do you mean by it" I asked him. He said " He is the one who is gonna kill you my dear" "What?" I said and I turned back and found Jacob raising the iron rod in his hands to hit me. Suddenly Shushant inserted that knife which had the cat's paw handle, into Jacob's thigh. He screamed in pain. "Come on Alice....we've gotta go..it's no more safer here.." said Barney. I don't know what to say. I was in a total shock. My childhood friend now wants me dead. I was speechless. Barney took my hands in his and took me upstairs. "Wait...what about Shushant? he is down with Jacob what if anything happens to him. We should help him." I said. "Oh you don't know about Shushant...he is a well trained assassin.. he knows how to defend himself in any situation...so you don't worry...come with me.." said Barney. He took me to the roof and a chopper arrived there in a few seconds. Barney helped me to climb in and he entered the chopper and asked the pilot to go to the safe house. I don't know what was happening around me. Things have changed upside down in my life from this moment. I was looking at the roof as the chopper drifted away from it.