[twenty six]

Alex's POV

I didn't see disaster girl again for a few hours-- the most dreadful few hours of my life.  

Because she was here.  She was so close.  In the next room, actually, laughing with her friends as they unpacked, blaring The Killers.  But she wanted nothing to do with me and there wasn't a thing I could do about it. 

Well, not yet at least.

It had taken all day to unpack and explore the massive "cabin".  The lads didn't tell me it was going to be this fucking huge.  Or have an indoor pool.  Or a hot tub on the back deck.

But I wasn't complaining. 

I didn't actually bother unpacking, really.  I threw my shit down onto my bed and spent the time I had to myself working on the song I'd started the night before.  I became lost in it, so lost that I didn't even put my guitar down until Matt came through my door.

"We're leaving soon," he said, absentmindedly tapping a beat on the side of his leg like he always did.  

"Okay," I said, still wrapped up in the song.  Did the Em chord sound better C there?  Or should I pluck there?

"You alright, mate?" he asked, stepping into my room.  "You've been weird since last night."

"Alright besides the nose, you mean?"

"Yeah," he laughed.

I nodded and began to play "Suck it and See" because this new song was starting to frustrate me. 

"I'm good, mate, thanks," I told him.  

He didn't belive me.  I could tell by the way he looked at me.

"Is it that girl?" he asked, lowering his voice.  

"You're going to have to be more specific.  There's currently three individuals that could fall under the 'that girl' category."

"Yeah, well, there's only one who wants to see you get hit by a bus."

"Is it that obvious?"

"Yeah," he said.  "So whatever is going on, don't let it fuck ya up, alright?  And I'm always here for you if you need me."

I stopped playing.  "Oh, god.  What has this new bird done to you?  You're being... sentimental."

He laughed, but I noticed how his cheeks turned a little red.  

"Piss off, mate," he said.  "We're leaving.  Have fun writing your shitty love song."

I gave him a look, but couldn't help but laugh as well.  He was right about the song being shitty, but I wasn't sure if it was a love song yet.  So far it sounded more like a hate song.

I watched Matt leave my room, noting a flash of black go by just as he walked out.  I set my guitar aside and followed him out, curious.

I stepped out into the hall just as Indi disappeared around the corner, wearing a black sweater and dark jeans, her hair flying wildly behind her. She had to of heard me playing in my room, had to of known I was in there.  She had been ignoring my existence for the past few hours, so what else had I expected?

As I stared after her, wanting so badly to hate her, I realized that this girl was going to drive me absolutely mad. But I couldn't let her get to me.  It's what she wanted to do.  

I didn't even like her.  She was messy and rude and had the absolute worse mouth I'd ever heard on a girl in my life. Plus, I was ninety percent sure she didn't own a comb.

She wasn't good for me, and I certainly wasn't good for her.

But somehow, I couldn't bring myself to give a single fuck.