Chapter 17- Cassian

"Cassian, LOOK!" Jyn exclaims.

As soon as I make the jump to hyperspace and enter the light tunnel, I turn around to see what Jyn is freaking out about now.

"Cassian, oh my gosh. This ship has a REAL ACTUAL SOFT BED. WITH FLUFFY PILLOWS." Jyn gasps in delight.

I roll my eyes. Jyn's been running around the ship for approximately twenty minutes, ranting about every tiny little thing. I look over my shoulder to see what Jyn considers to be a "real actual soft bed with fluffy pillows". In truth, it's not really all that much. It's a flat mattress for one person stowed away on the side of the ship. I kid you not when I say that it looks as soft as scrap metal. The "fluffy pillows" are two small headrests which look like as hard and un-fluffy as rocks. I wouldn't sleep on that thing. It doesn't look very comfortable at all to me. However, I suppose that Jyn isn't really used to a luxury of real fluffy pillows and soft mattresses. I can bet you anything that Imperial labor camps don't have comfy beds. I silently promise to myself that I'll show Jyn what a real, normal person's bed is like sometime in the future. Jyn proceeds to collapse on the flat sheet of metal and grins happily, cuddling the rocks.

"It's so soft!" she comments happily, looking over to me. "I haven't ever been on a bed that's so comfortable before."

My shoulder is aching horribly, and I realize that Jyn should be looking for something other than a bed.  "Hey Jyn, is there a medical kit on this ship?"

"Yeah!" Jyn grins, pulling out a white box and running over to me.  She kneels in front of me, and begins undoing my shirt.  "I'm assuming that your shoulder is still bugging you?"

"Yeah." I admit.

"It must be pretty bad if you're admitting it." Jyn says worriedly.  "Thank goodness this kit has Bacta."

 She pulls out a small vial, filled with clear liquid.  As she pours it over my wound, it begins to fizz and heal immediately.

"I like this ship." Jyn smiles.

"Glad to hear that you're enjoying The Empire is a Bunch Of Morons." I grin. 

Jyn rolls her eyes. "We are not calling it that."

"What do you mean?!" I gasp mockingly. "That is a FINE name!" I laugh.

"Um, no it isn't.  We need a better name than The Empire Sucks." Jyn states.

"It is The Empire is a Bunch Of Morons." I correct. "If you're going to insult my idea, at least do it properly."

"Whatever. But seriously. We need a better name." she insists.

"How about Imperial Blower-Upper?" I suggest.

"Uh, no." she laughs.

"What about Stormtroopers Can't Hit Anything?"

"Absolutely not!"

"Okay, how about-"

"Nothing to do with the Empire." she states.

I sigh in mock frustration. "Fine. How about Jyn Is Too Beautiful and Amazing and She Is My Light In The Universe?"

"Aww, that's really sweet! But I think it's a little long to be a ship name." Jyn smiles.

"Okay, Miss The-Name-Of-The-Stupid-Ship-Has-To-Be-Perfect. You come up with one." I say irritatedly.

Jyn goes silent for a minute, and checks on my wound, which is now fully healed.  She puts my shirt back on and goes to lay on the bed again.  She's clearly thinking really hard.  Suddenly, her head jerks up and looks to me.