Chapter 22- Jyn

Here you go, y'all.

You're welcome.

~~~

"No, no.  You're not doing it right." Cassian chuckles, shaking his head. "You have to hold it like this."

Cassian carefully puts his hand on mine, moving the stone into the right position within my grasp.  He's been trying to teach me to skip rocks on the water for at least an hour now, and I haven't really figured it out.  Because I have a ton of skill, all I can do is chuck it really hard onto the water to make a huge splash.  I don't really have the patience to figure out how to do it lightly enough so it doesn't sink right away in an inferno of bubbles, yet hard enough so it actually bounces across the surface.  This takes coordination and skill. Unfortunately, I can't say I'm really good at either of those.

"Now, just lean back and throw." he explains patiently, guiding my arm. 

I lean back as he instructed, and the chuck the rock with all of the strength I have.  It pelts the water with the force of a bullet, but no skipping.

I sigh.  "Cassian, I'm not going to understand this.  You're wasting your time."

"It's okay, you'll get it eventually. Just don't do overhand." he smiles.  "Give it another go."

I throw another rock, and it makes no more than one splash in the lake.  I roll my eyes, picking up another round stone off of the beach.

"This is pointless." I complain.

"Just give it one more go." he pleads.  "Come on, I know you can do it.  Just don't throw it overhand again, we're not chucking rocks at stormtroopers."

"No." I state.  "I'm bored."

"Please?"

"No!"

"Come on, there's nothing else to do!"

"You want me to throw rocks in the water? Fine." I grin.  "I'll throw this."

I grab a huge rock the size of a MSE droid and stand near the edge of the water.

Cassian looks at me with exasperation.  "There's no way you'll be able to throw that."

"No, I can't throw it." I agree.

I pause for a moment for dramatic effect. 

"But I can do this!" I say charismatically, and proceed to throw the huge rock downwards into the water.

When it collides with the surface, a huge splash occurs, throwing tons of water into the air and causing effervescence in the water.  Oh, and it completely soaks Cassian.

Cassian grumbles angrily, clearly irritated about getting wet.

I look over at Cassian, feigning innocence.  "Oh, I'm so sorry.  I had no idea that it would get you wet!"

Cassian is attempting to look angry, but his eyes ruin the attempt.  They shine with love and utter joy. 

"That's quite alright, mi Estrella." He says with mock politeness. "After all, a silly girl would have absolutely no idea how water displacement works!"

Rolling my eyes, I proceed to slap Cassian lightly on the head. He cowers when he sees my hand moving, but then blinks after I hit him.

"That wasn't as hard as you usually whack me!" He comments.

"Is that a problem?" I ask.

"Nah, but don't you feel you should do it again to redeem yourself and your reputation? Maybe use a metal pole so it makes a satisfying bang?" He laughs.