Chapter 19- Cassian

Wow, ya'll.  10K!  That's so awesome! Thanks so much, all of you, for reading! I never could have anticipated this! The odds of this happening were MUCH lower than 3,720 to 1!

Anyways, have a long-anticipated moment in this upcoming chapter! ;)

***

As I stand in front of Vesta's desk with Jyn beside me, the old lady drops her notepad and clutches her heart.  A slow, rackety gasp emits, and I run next to her, holding her arm.  

"Vesta?" Jyn asks worriedly.  She doesn't respond, but she's conscious.  

"We need a medic, now."  I mutter.  Vesta needs help.  I start to look around frantically, figuring out where the nearest hospital might be.  Jyn moves to call for help, but Vesta stops her.  Her eyes are beaming, and her smile is incredibly wide.  If she was really dying, I doubt she would be smiling so much.  I'm assuming she's okay for now.

"Are you alright?" I ask.

"Of course.  But you two are going on your first date together?!" Vesta squeal-asks in her old lady voice.  I didn't know it was possible for a voice to go so high.

"Uh, yeah." I reply, sort of sheepishly.  

"Aww, that's so adorable!  Sorry if I scared you, hon.  I'm just so surprised and happy for you two!" 

"Do you know where we could buy some nice clothes? We don't really have any..."  Jyn laughs.

"Ah, say no more!" She rasps happily.  "We're going shopping."

She immediately stands up, and gestures for us to follow her.  She certainly hobbles pretty fast when she wants to. 

"Now?" Jyn asks.

Vesta turns around, exasperated.  "Of course now!  It's going to take a while to find you the perfect dress, hon!"

She turns around and heads out the door.  I lock eyes with Jyn, and she's laughing silently, like "My goodness. This old lady is awesome.".  We follow her out, and all I can say is that these next couple of hours are going to be interesting.

***

"So, what about this one?" Jyn asks timidly as she peeks her head out of the dressing room.  We've been at this same shop for roughly two hours, and Vesta hasn't been satisfied with any of the dresses that Jyn has tried on.  She picked out a suit for me in twenty minutes flat, but she seems to be really picky when it comes to dresses.  She's like a fashion designer.

"Well, hon, come out of there and let us see it!" Vesta says excitedly.

Jyn steps out of the dressing room, and I must say, this dress looks pretty good.  The one that Jyn has on right now doesn't show much of her skin.  Not that that's a bad thing.  It's white with a light green sash, which nicely complements her eyes.  It's long sleeve, and the dress goes down to her ankles, the flowing fabric shimmering in the light.

"Spin." Vesta instructs, rotating her index finger.

Jyn turns around, and the back isn't open or anything.  It doesn't spin out or anything.

"Eh, no." Vesta vetoes.  "It's not a good dress for dancing.  Plus, you look like an old lady without showing any of your skin.  Let's try something else, shall we?"

Jyn smiles.  "You're the boss."

As Vesta goes out of sight to find another dress, Jyn walks up to me, beaming.  

"Well?" I ask.  She clearly wants to tell me something.

"I've never worn anything like this before!  This is so awesome!" Jyn says excitedly.  "Although I hope I look good in a dress..."