Chapter 1

The first phone call was when she just returned from her visit in Australia and joined the Dancing with the Stars tour. She had danced her first show when her phone rang with an unknown number.

“Sharna.” She didn’t hear anything on the other side of the line.
“Hello?” She tried again. When there was still no answer she hang up.

“Who was that?” Peta asked.
“Nobody.”
“Hey don’t joke around with me. If you start dating someone I have the right to know.”
Peta started laughing, knowing that Sharna would be the first person to share those things with her.
“It really was nobody. I guess they hang up, before I could answer or it was just a mistake.”
“You know I was joking? I’m just so happy that you’re back.”
“I know you were joking Peta. And I’m so happy we’re back together.” The two girls hugged each other tightly. Sharna had already forgotten about the strange phone call.

That night the people in Sharna’s bus threw a welcome back party for Sharna. Sharna was really grateful, but most importantly she felt extremely tired. She was still tired from the flight and on top of that she had just done her first show. So she excused herself from her party to get to bed.

Before she got in her bunk, Val got to her and gave her a hug.
“I’m so happy you’re back with us. And I look forward to dancing with you every day.”
“Thanks, Val. I’m also happy to be dancing again. But I’m really tired, so could you please let me go, so I can get to bed.”
“Sorry.” Sharna started laughing. “Sleep well Val and see you tomorrow.”

Sharna got in her bunk and Val went back to the party.
“Hey what were you doing back there?” Peta asked. Val was surprised that someone had seen him with Sharna, but then again Peta and Sharna were like sisters.
“Just telling Sharna I was happy she is back.”

Val walked past her, back to the party. Peta looked from Val to the bunks where Sharna was sleeping.

The next day Sharna got up early. She felt a lot better than yesterday. They got to a new city today and a new show in the evening. She got out of her bunk and went to the larger area in the front of the bus. She sat there, waiting for the rest to wake up. The first to join her was Peta, she was visibly tired.

“How was it last night?” Peta sat down next to Sharna closing her eyes. “It was a really good party. It was sad you weren’t there, but we all understood it.”

Sharna looked closely at her best friend.
“And it looks like you have had a couple of drinks.” Sharna started laughing. Peta looked up and the face she had said more than a thousand words.

The rest of the day Sharna rehearsed for the show. She still had some numbers to perfect. Especially her hip hop with Val and her Argentine Tango with Alan needed some work. She loved both numbers and they were both quite challenging. R

ehearsals for the Argentine Tango were underway and she loved how it was going. It was definitely hard work, but she was doing the thing she loved most.

After a short break she started her rehearsal with Val. The number was choreographed by Paul, now her ex-boyfriend. In the beginning it was strange to dance that particular choreography. But dancing with Val felt amazing. They got into the groove of the dance and without realizing they had rehearsed until 4 pm and it was time to get ready for the show.

“It was nice to dance with you and we are going to kill this number tonight, Shar.” Val pulled her close and together they walked from the rehearsal room to the dressing rooms.

Sharna loved the feeling of getting ready for the show, she loved being there with her friends and family. The show was amazing, Sharna loved every second of dancing on stage and hearing the cheers from the audience.

But maybe the best part of the show was meeting the fans afterwards. They waited for the cast in the cold and they were so loving. Sharna tried to talk to everybody and took a lot of pictures. But it was time to go again. They were going to the next town where they would perform another show, and then they finally would have a day off.

When she got back in the bus, Sharna checked her phone and saw she had a text from her mother wishing her the best of luck for the show tonight and she had two missed calls from a private number. She didn’t really care for those missed phone calls, if they wanted her to call back, she would need to know the number.

Sharna got into her bunk trying to get some sleep, because tomorrow would be another challenging day.