Chapter 2

The first day off on tour was greatly welcomed by all the dancers. It was nice waking up in a hotel room knowing they didn’t need to perform that night and that they could all rest. The girls had decided to go shopping in a nearby mall. Afterwards they went drinking.

“How is your family doing Shar?” Emma asked.
“Well, my nan is not in any pain at least which is a good thing. We all know she is going to die, but it was nice I could say goodbye to her. And my dad’s new kidney is a miracle and he is treating it as a miracle. We are all so grateful for the chance he got. I texted with him today and he is doing so well. He is allowed to go home later this week. We know he needs to take immunosuppressive for the rest of his life. But that’s all worth it.”

The rest of the day was a calm day. The entire cast went out to town and saw some of the highlights. They ended with a nice dinner in a local restaurant. When they got back to the hotel everybody enjoined another drink and some went out for a dance when the music started.

“Come on, lets show them how it is done.” Val pulled Sharna from her chair and onto the dancefloor. They danced together the rest of the night, sometimes joined by different cast members. From a distance Peta watched her two best friends dancing together. She loved seeing Sharna happy, after her breakup with Paul and her nan getting ill, she deserved it.

When she looked at Val she also a man in his element. He also looked really happy and he definitely loved dancing with Sharna. Around midnight most of the cast decided to go to bed.

“Val, I’m also going. It was amazing dancing with you this night.” Sharna smiled and gave Val a hug.
“I’m also going to my room.”

Nobody noticed that in de shadows of the room, a dark figure was taking pictures of the couple dancing. He went up to his room and uploaded the pictures on his computer. All of them had Sharna on them. He loved seeing the smile on her face and the sparkle in her eyes. On one picture she was staring at Val and her smile was even brighter. He immediately deleted that picture, he didn’t need his girl to stare at somebody else.

Another week past, in which the cast travelled around giving shows in various. Christmas was right around the corner and everybody was off for a couple of days. Sharna celebrated Christmas with Peta, Maks, Val and more friends. It was strange for Sharna celebrating Christmas in the USA without Paul by her side. It was nice to celebrate with her friends.

Sharna loved to cook and she decided to prepare a meal for everybody. They all loved it and after dinner everybody was talking and drinking. Out of nowhere Val sat down next to Sharna.

“Hey, the food was amazing! I really loved it.” Val was definitely drunk, Sharna noticed.
“Thank you Val.”
“Come on, let’s do a shot!”
“No, thank you Val, I have had enough. And I think the same goes for you.”

Val pulled her close and said: “I think you’re right, but it is just so much fun.”
“But just be aware you don’t do something you regret later.”
“I have no regrets.”
The rest of the evening went by rather calm, although some people were definitely drunk.

The next morning Sharna was awake first. She loved the party last night, but she didn’t drink too much. She was happy she was awake earlier than the rest. She got downstairs and started cleaning the mess everybody left behind. It was a bigger mess than when she left the party last night.
Peta was the second one coming downstairs and she definitely had a hangover.

“How are you feeling?” Sharna asked her best friend.
“I’m tired and my head hurts. I’m so happy we don’t start today. Cause otherwise it would have been hard. But I see you cleaned everything. Wow! Thank you so much.”

Sharna’s phone rang and she answered it: “Sharna.” There was no one answering. Without trying again she hang up the phone. She saw Peta sitting on the couch, her eyes closed. Sharna went to sit down next to her and they enjoyed a nice and relaxed day.