Chapter 10

Val woke up next morning, not in his own room, he realized after he opened his eyes. But he did recognize where he was and with whom. Cuddled in his arms lay, in his opinion, the most beautiful girl in the world. Her red hair was spread out and when he put his face in her hair, he could smell her. The idea of waking up to this feeling and smell every day, made him feel blissful.

The smile on his face grew bigger when he remembered what happened last night. It was definitely one of the best nights he had ever had in his life and he surely hoped it would be the same for her.

Val kept Sharna close, waiting for her to wake up. Luckily for him, this didn’t take too long. He felt her stir in his arms, a sign of her slowly waking up.

Sharna didn’t open her eyes at first. She felt really warm and safe when she woke up. The arms in which she was laying felt like a shield protecting her from the world. She knew Val didn’t leave last night and he was the one holding her. With her eyes still closed a smile graced her face, thinking about last night. It was an amazing feeling, thinking about last night and she wouldn’t mind reliving that every other night.

Sharna opened her eyes and turned around in Val’s arms. She saw he was awake and give him a quick kiss on his lips.

“Good morning,” she said.
“Good morning to you too, beautiful.”
“I like waking up like this.”
“You like waking up with a random guy lying next to you?” Val teased Sharna. She gently slapped him on his shoulder. Val started laughing.

They stayed like that for a couple more minutes when Val broke the silence.
“So? Last night was amazing and even though we didn’t have our dinner by candle light, I loved this even more. And I know we kinda decided we would talk about us and well, that didn’t happen. But I have an idea. How about we try it for now, but don’t push it too much. We will try it and see what happens from there. But there is one thing I don’t want and that is to ruin the friendship we have built over the last few years. But on the other hand, I’m willing to take the risk to be with you and maybe, eventually share the rest of my life with you.”

While Val said all of this, they both went to sit up straight. Sharna looked Val in his eyes after he said his speech and she saw he meant all of it.

“I had an idea as well and I was going to talk to you about it last night. Over the last couple of weeks I have grown some feelings for you. I didn’t think it would happen this fast after my break up with Paul in November. I still don’t if I’m ready for a serious relationship yet. But I do like the idea of us trying it, but indeed not pushing it too much. In the end we will see were we go. But the idea of having a night like last night and waking up next to you in the morning would be amazing. And on top of that I love the fact that I can just be with you from now on when I want to be and not have to worry about others finding out I might have a crush on you.”

Val’s smile grew larger when Sharna started talking more. When she was finished, Val put his hands on the side of her face and pulled her close. He gave her a kiss on her lips and she answered it. He deepened the kiss. They broke apart a couple of times to get some air. After a couple of minutes they broke apart and Sharna moved in between Val’s legs and sat with her back against his chest. He put is arms around her body and pulled her close. Sharna put her head on his shoulder. The warmth of his body almost made her fall asleep again.

“Are we going to tell everybody?” Sharna turned her face to look at Val.
Sharna answered: “I think it would be best if we at least told the rest of the cast. Otherwise we can’t figure out if we like each other enough to continue, if we have to keep it a secret all the time.”
“Your right. Shall we tell them today during lunch or maybe just before the show?”

“Well, I have to tell Peta as fast as possible. And the rest of them, I think we have to tell them when we feel like it.”
“I think Peta would kill you if you didn’t tell her first.”
He hadn’t finished that sentence when someone knocked on Sharna’s door.

“Shar, are you awake yet? I want to know what happened yesterday evening.”
“Talk about the devil,” Sharna said.

Sharna got up and put on a shirt and some sweatpants. She looked at Val, who hadn’t moved yet.
“You better put on some clothes as well or she…”

Val got up and put on his sweatpants as well and he got back into bed. Sharna looked at him and shook her head.
“What? I always walk around without a shirt.”

Sharna opened the door and her best friend was standing there.
“I have to know what your parents said last night. I know it was good news, but still I want to know what happened.”
Peta wanted to go inside, but Sharna still stood in the doorway.
“I have to tell you something.” But before Sharna could finish, Peta had pushed her friend aside and walked into the room.

“Hey,” Val said. Peta’s face was full of shock when she noticed Val in the bed. She turned from Val to Sharna to Val and finally back to Sharna.
“This is what I wanted to tell you, before you stormed in. Val and I, we are going to try to make it work together.”
“I knew it,” Peta exclaimed. “When I saw the two of you during the show last night I knew it was more than just the normal brother-sister kissing. How long have you two been together?”

“You saw us yesterday?” Sharna’s face turned red.
“Yes, but I believe I was the only one, so don’t worry.”
“Well, the night before we went to a salsa club and that was the first time we really kissed. But I believe we both have the feeling it has been going on for longer.” While Sharna said that, she was walking over to the bed and sat down. Val looked at her and said: “Yes, I have that same idea. But remember, we are going to take it slow.”

“Well, I don’t care, I just want Sharna to be my official sister.” Before Sharna realized it, Peta jumped on top of Sharna and while they fell down on the bed, she hugged her best friend.
“I’m so happy for the both of you. And I know you’ll be together for a lot longer.”