Chapter 21

Sharna started talking.
“It started during the tour or a little before. I just got back from my parents back home and was about to join you on tour. I got a phone call from an anonymous caller and this person didn’t say anything. I got them a couple times more, but I didn’t think too much of it. Later I just didn’t answer the phone when I didn’t recognize the number. This went on for a little longer and at one point, when me and Val just started dating I got another phone call, but this time he told me something. He said I was his and that should remember that. Or something of that order. I told Val and together we went to the police and they made up a file and they would send it to the police in LA. That way they would know something had happened, should it happen again. They also advised me to buy a new phone and have a new number, which I did. For a long time everything was alright. But earlier this day I got a call again. It was an unknown number, but I wasn’t paying attention or even realizing it could be the same person. This time he said to me: You are mine. And he hung up. I didn’t know what to think of it, but I did get a little scared. I called Val and told him about this and he told me to go to the police when I got back in LA. And that was my intention. But when I got home I found some mail. One of them was a thick envelope and I decided to open it. It contained a bunch of photos and I saw they all had my face on them. They were taken everywhere, during our performance on tour, but also in several clubs and some of them had me and Val kissing. But I got really scared when I looked at the back of one of the photos. And later when I checked more of them, all the close-up photos of me, had ‘you are mine’ written on the back. And that was when I decided to call you.”

Sharna took a deep breath after she was finished and looked into her friends’ eyes. They were full of love and compassion for her best friend. Instead of saying anything she pulled Sharna into a massive hug. The girls never wanted to let go off each other. And while they hugged, they started crying.

When they finally let go Peta said something: “Thank you for telling me. And I agree with Val. You should go to the police tomorrow morning. And I go with you, for support. But for now we should go to bed. You need to be rested when we go to the police.”

The two girls got up and walked towards their room. Sharna usually slept in Val’s room, but the thought of sleeping alone tonight was scary, but she also didn’t want to burden Peta too much. She slowed down getting closer to the room and was afraid to enter the room and be alone the rest of the night. Peta seemed to read Sharna’s mind, because she got up behind her.
“I’ll sleep with you tonight, don’t worry. I’ll just tell Maks and I’ll be joining you shortly.”

The door to Peta and Maks’ room closed and Sharna took a deep breath. She opened the door the Val’s room and she could smell his perfume. At this moment she really missed him, she wanted to be in his arms. Sharna got in bed and checked her phone, she had put it on silence during her conversation with Peta. She saw Val had texted her. His plane left at 5:45am eastern time and he would land 8:45am western time. In his text he wrote he would come over to his place as soon as possible and then they would go to the police.

Sharna also saw she had some missed calls, all of them were from an anonymous caller. And she also had several voicemails. Sharna started trembling, she wanted to know what he said, but at the same time she was also afraid of what she might hear. Then again she could also save them for the police the following morning.

Peta opened the door and Sharna looked up. Peta could see something was wrong. She got into bed and wrapped her arms around Sharna. Sharna was too shocked to speak and so she showed the missed calls to Peta. Peta didn’t know what to say to her best friend. Sharna was visibly scared.

“Will go to the police tomorrow and safe this all for them. They will know what to do and what you can do. Let’s try to sleep for now.”
Peta lay down and pulled Sharna with her. Peta wrapped her arms around her best friend and pulled her close.
“I love you, Shar.”
“Love you too.”

The two girls tried to sleep and while Peta fell asleep fairly quick, Sharna stayed awake for a little longer. Thinking about all the things that happened today, eventually she also fell asleep. Although she didn’t sleep well.

Meanwhile Val was on his way back to LA, back to his girlfriend. Val couldn’t wait to wrap her in his arms and to comfort her. She was scared and he wanted to be there for her.

The flight from NYC to LA never took this long. He had left a text to his partner Ginger, he only said that he had some personal issues he had to take care off. He knew she would understand. He finally landed in LA at 9am local time and he hurried towards the caps and got one to take him home.