Chapter 22

Sharna had visited the police earlier that morning. It had been tough to listen to the voicemails, all of them contained a message like the previous once. The police saved all the messages and kept her phone. They would start an investigation and try to find out who was behind it. Sharna was advised again to buy a new phone and have a new number. The photos were also taken and they would check them for fingerprints or other material.

Sharna felt a little better, knowing the police would investigate her situation. But she didn’t feel completely safe going home. Fortunately the semi-finals were on their way and everybody needed to rehearse. The rest of the week Sharna stayed with Val.

On Sunday night Val pulled Sharna close.
“You know tomorrow night, they might put us against each other in the bottom two.”
“Or we both go out, or we both go to the finale.”
“I think you are a little bit more positive.”
They both went to sleep and woke up, prepared for the next morning.

Show days were always really hectic, everybody had to do their make-up, hair and clothing. On top of that they also had the dress-rehearsal and little time to rehearse during the day.

Antonio killed it during dress-rehearsal and Sharna felt like they were ready for the show. If they made it into the finals and Antonio performed well tonight they might had a chance of winning the Mirror Ball Trophy.

The show went amazing and Antonio killed it. They got their first perfect score for their contemporary dance and a near perfect score for their Viennese waltz. But the most dreaded part of the show was the elimination. The first couple eliminated were Lyndsey and Wanye. Val and Sharna looked at each other, both realized they might be bottom two this week. And indeed their nightmare came true.

They were the only two couples left.
“And performing in next week finale, along with Paige and Mark and Nyle and Peta are...,” Tom said, “Antonio and Sharna.”
Antonio and Sharna hugged each other, they were going to perform in the finale and they might have a shot at winning this.

The moment Antonio and Sharna let go of each other, Sharna went over to Val and they hugged each other tightly. It was always hard seeing people leave the show, but tonight it was even more difficult for this guy was her boyfriend. Before he got down to talk to Erin and Tom he said: “Win this mirror ball.”

After the cameras were turned off, Sharna and Val shared a passionate kiss.
“You know there is one advantage to this.”
“What?”
“When I get back from GMA tomorrow, I don’t have to leave anymore. So I can stay with you the rest of the time. I can help you get ready for the show and help you relax.”
“That is a real advantage yes. Shall I drop you off at the airport?”
“That would be really nice, that way we could enjoy each other company a little longer.”

He pulled her close into a hug. He knew she was still scared something might happen, after last week and the mail she had gotten from her stalker, she hasn’t had a goodnight rest. It was hard for him to see her like that, the only thing he could do was to make her feel safe.

Sharna was glad he didn’t ask questions, because at this point she didn’t like not being around him. He had to go to NYC for GMA, but she wanted to be with him for as long as possible. They drove together to the airport and Sharna kissed Val goodbye.

“I’ll be back tomorrow, don’t worry. I love you.” And with those words, Val left for his plane.

Sharna went back to Val’s place and was later joined by Maks and Peta.
“It is a good thing Val isn’t in the finale. Otherwise this house would have been filled with anxious people. Now at least Val and I are here to relax.”
“I know who are going to cook al week,” Peta said.
“I had the same idea.”

The three of them sat on the couch for a little longer, until Peta and Sharna decided to go to bed. In the hallway the two friends looked at each other.

“This is going to be the first time in a long time we are both competing against each other for the win,” Sharna said.
“I think you’re right, well in all honesty I hope you and Antonio win. Out of us, he is the only one who really progressed. The rest of us, were already good or don’t progress and have a special story.”
“Thank you babe, but if you and Nyle would win, I wouldn’t mind either.”

Peta walked over and pulled her into a tight hug.
“Come on, let’s get to bed.” She guided Sharna towards Val’s bed.
“What are you doing?”
“I’m sleeping with you tonight. I know you don’t like to sleep alone and Maks can do one night without me. And you need a goodnight rest, before next week.”
All Sharna could say was: “Thank you.”
The two girls went to bed.