Chapter 17

They arrived at Maui at night and they got a cap to their hotel. They had an amazing view and the hotel itself was great. The moment they arrived at their room they both felt the tiredness from the last couple of weeks and they went to bed immediately.

The following days they enjoyed each other and the beautiful scenery in Maui.

It was the third night when Sharna was laying in Val’s arms. They had just finished one of the most beautiful days in Maui. They went to swim with turtles and had an amazing dinner together at the beach. Back in the hotel they spend some quality time together.

Sharna turned her head to Val, to see if he was sleeping. Val looked down at her and Sharna smiled. She gave him and smile and said: “I love you.”

She had said it to him before, but it had never meant so much to hear as this. Normally it would mean that she liked the person. But at this moment it meant so much more. I was the first real expression of love in their relationship. They had kissed and they had made love, but during their relationship they had never said it out loud, because that would make it official.

The moment after Sharna said it, she was worried. She didn’t know if he felt the same way and if he wanted to make it real. But she didn’t need to worry.

“And I love you too,” Val said.
He put his arms tighter around her body and kissed her on her forehead. They stayed together and eventually fell asleep.

They were completely relaxed when they went back to L.A. It was a strange feeling going back to 'real world'. They arrived at LAX and Peta was waiting for them, she had agreed to pick them up and bring them home. Val stayed with Peta and Maks, but Sharna had a place of her own. She had bought it after she and Paul broke up. It was nice going back to her own place, but she still needed to decorate it.

Peta jumped in Sharna’s arm, before she had time to put down her suitcase.
“I missed you so much. From seeing you every day, I didn’t see you for eight days. I have to tell you that is way too long for me.”
Peta let go off Sharna and gave Val a hug as well.
“Didn’t you miss me, cause I would love a speech like that as well.”

Peta started laughing and Sharna gave Val a pat on his shoulder.
“P, could you drop us of at Sharna’s new place. That way we won’t bother you and Maks too much.”
“No problem. Even after your holiday you still want to be together.”
“Yes, tonight we want to be together. But maybe tomorrow we’ll sleep in our own beds. But for now Sharna and I sleep together.”
“That’s what she said,” Peta whispered in Sharna’s ear and the girls started laughing.

“What is going on? Why are you laughing?”
“I’ll tell you one day,” Sharna joked. They all got in the car and drove to Sharna’s place. They got out of the car and Peta and Sharna hugged goodbye.

“I need to hear all about the vacation, especially the details.” Sharna gave Peta a nod said goodbye. She watched Peta get in her car and leave. Sharna followed Val into her apartment and she felt good to be home.

Val was waiting for her in the hallway of her small apartment and she almost ran into him.
“Hey.”
“Hey you.”

Val took Sharna’s face between his hands.
“Have I said recently that I love you?”
“Well, you said it right before we left Maui, but I don’t mind if you would say it again.”
“Well then I want to say, I love you.”

He pulled her face closer and they started to kiss. Val deepened the kiss and Sharna wrapped her arms around his body.

Val’s hands moved lower and when he got to Sharna’s bum, he lifter her up in the air. Sharna wrapped her legs around his waist and together they moved to her bedroom. When they got to the bed, Val dropped Sharna on the bed. But for she could respond, he got on top of her and continue kissing. This was the first time they had sex in one of their beds and it was amazing. It really felt like coming home.