Nightmare

A/N

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of abuse, self harm/suicidal thoughts. Please take care of yourselves. I love you.

- Ginny1991

________________________

"NO!" I screamed. "NO PLEASE! IT WASN'T MY FAULT SCOTT I DIDN'T WANT YOU TO FIND OUT LIKE THIS! PLEASE SCOTT! PLEASE!"

the sound of his belt flying through the air

the buckle hitting my back

the sound of bones breaking

my muffled screams.

*** ***

I woke up with tears streaming down my face and Scott holding me to his chest. I tried to push myself away from him but he was too strong for me. "P-p-please." I choked through my heaving sobs. "I d-don't want you to hurt me anymore. L-l-let me g-go." More gasping, no release. I looked into Scott's face. He looked hurt. I wasn't in my dream anymore. I clutched his shirt in tiny fists and buried my face into it. Scott pet my hair gently as he made a shushing noise over my head. I could feel tears dripping silently from his face onto his pillow then pooling above my head, dampening my hair. "You're okay my love." he said. "Deep breaths." I heaved, forcing air in and out of my burning lungs. My whole body shook next to his firm one. "I-I had a dream." I said. "You f-found out I was cutting and then you took off your belt and whipped me with the buckle and I-" Another shushing noise from Scott as I choked on my words again. I took another great heave and continued. "I felt my bones breaking, but I couldn't scream because you had your hand over my mouth and it hurt. Oh Scott, it hurt so bad." I whimpered before dissolving into another pool of tears. "Hey," he said pushing me back a little so I could look at him. "now that you're awake, do you think that I would ever do that to you?" I shook my head. Unable to speak from my crying. He pulled me back into his chest and I stayed there. He rubbed his warm hand up and down my quivering spine until I had calmed down enough to drift back off to sleep.

___________________________

A/N

This chapter was intense so I figured I should give you two author's notes. So I don't really know why I wrote this but, the story was getting a little two "happy" for it's theme. I know, what you're thinking but you signed up for it so, I just provide you with the content and y'all eat it up. Anyways, it's okay if you skip this one, I'll understand. I will tell you though, as I was writing this I was like oh boy this is gonna hurt them. I'm sorry but I'm glad you're enjoying this, I mean we reached 400+ reads so, I'm guessing you all like it.
Anyways,

That's all for now

- Ginny1991