Chapter 8

In that moment I realized what it was. As everyone in Fairy Tail stood watching Natsu and I. He took a step towards me after what he had said. But I stepped away. His face dropped in confusion.

I'm not stupid though.

I know the only reason he had stayed here late last night was because everyone probably made him wait for me. They wanted someone to try and talk to me so they could know how to get the old Gray back. He only did those things because he was told to not because he wanted to.

I shook my head at him in disgust. He only agreed to laying with me because he was tired from having to stay up late to wait for me. He probably thought I owed it to him.

"Stay away from me, Natsu." I turned away from him and ran. I ran as fast as I could go. Tears rolled down my cheeks as my legs and stomach burned.

Ice and fire just don't go together.

I eventually stopped just outside of town and dropped down to my knees. I took deep breathes in and out until I was composed enough to stand back up.

I started walking randomly, I didn't care where I ended up just as long as it was far away from here. I ended up getting on a train and left that area altogether. Instead I ended up in a small town where there was literally five blocks one way and seven the other. I walked through and looked at all the little houses and shops. Almost all of them were vacant.

Eventually I found an open jewelry shop and stepped in. The lady behind the counter snapped her head up quickly. A look of fear was on her face before it melted into a relived smile.

"Hello and welcome to Valerie's
Shop of Wonders!" I smiled kindly back to her. Her hair was short and red that was matched with bright blue eyes. Freckles spread across her face. I walked up and began looking at all the little accessories she had.

"Anything specific you are looking for?" I shook my head and looked back up to her.

"No. I just kind of stumbled upon your shop. Actually I stumbled upon your whole town." She walked up to the desk and placed her hands on top of the counter.

"Yea. We aren't much of a town anymore. A lot of people, uh died, recently." I averted my eyes up to her from the small blue necklace I had been looking at.

"Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking, what happened to them?" She let out an uneven breath.

"There was this monster that attacked. It came at night so no one even knew it was here until it was over top of us. We had about three hundred residents living here at the time. Now we are down to about two dozen." She clenched her fists together tightly. "My son he was one of them that-" She stopped talking as she bit her lip to try and hold in her tears.

"Valerie, its okay." I stepped closer to her to rest a hand on her shoulder. "I know it can never help with your loss but I promise I will take that monster down. When I do I'll make sure to come back and visit you alright?" She nodded slowly.

"You would do that for me?" I chuckled and nodded my head almost in disbelief.

"Of course I would. I'm a proud member of Fairy Tail. We help out everyone." Her eyes widened.

"Fairy Tail?"

"Uh yea?" She started to clap her hands and bounce on her feet.

"I have always wanted to meet a member of Fairy Tail! So are you planning on getting to whole guild to go after him then?"

"Actually no. I kind of got in a fight with someone there so I don't plan on going back for a little while. So I'm going to take him down on my own." She gasped and covered her mouth with her hands.

"But-" I started walking towards the door and put a hand up on the handle.

"Don't worry about me. As long as I have someone in mind that I have to fight for there is no way I could lose." With that I pushed open the door and stepped out into the empty town. As I was walking through looking for a hotel I came across a little Inn. I walked over to it and went inside.

"Hello sir how many we help you?" I walked up to the little old man that was behind the counter.

"I was wondering if I could stay in a room for the night."

"Why of course you can. Just you?" I nodded and held my hand out as he dropped a key into it.

"Your room is going to be twenty seven. That is right down this hallway and to your right. Make you you pay before you leave in the morning and the total will be 17."

"Thank you." I waved my hand to him as I started down the long hall. I watched the numbers slowly grew as I took every step. Soon enough, I found twenty seven and pulled out my key. I put it in the lock and opened up the door. As soon as I had stepped inside I was greeted with a vanilla smell and a very small but tidy room.

Once I was in I spun around to lock the door. Next I removed my jacket and hung it up on the coat rack. I also kicked off my shoes before walking to the bed. Instead of getting under the covers I just fell down flat on my stomach and closed my eyes. Maybe I did over work myself a little.

Either way I closed my eyes with the knowledge that I would have to leave as soon as I woke up. To find the beast and make sure Natsu, and his superhuman smell, doesn't find me.