Chapter 10

Natsu and I pulled away and turned to face the beast. All of our friends were over fighting him, even Makarov was fighting.

"Ya know, all of this would end if I ju-" Natsu turned his head and gave me a stern look.

"Don't. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something were to happen to you." I blushed and looked down to my feet. I wish that he would just let me do this. I get that he wants me to live but sometimes living isn't something I want to do.

I took a deep breath and began running down the hill. If I'm not allowed to freeze him then I'll fight him till my last breath. I heard Natsu behind me calling out my name. It isn't that I don't care about him because I do, its just that he doesn't care about me the way I care about him.

I ran until I was at the bottom of the hill and was stood a couple feet away from the thing. A lot of the guild's powers were useless compared to his. Such as Mira's, Elfman's and Lisanna's. Since they all had take over magic they were blown away before they got close enough to hit him. Lucy was able to use certain celestial spirits against him but not all. I held my hands up in front of me.

"Ice Make: Lance!" Ice came falling down on top of him. All it did was slow his movements, not actually cause damage.

"Solid Script Magic: Water!" Levy blew water towards the sand beast. It washed a little bit of him away. I turned to her and made a fist as if to encourage her to use that attack again. From the other side of the field I saw Juvia using her water powers against him as well. Hers was a lot more effective than Levy's. Natsu stood next to me and planted his feet firmly.

"Fire Dragon: Roar!" Fire bursted out of him and went up to the monster. It had very little effect on him. Wendy did the same attack as him only with her Sky Dragon magic. She was able to do a lot more damage. Gajeel jumped back down next to Levy and cracked his knuckles before doing a roar of his own.

"I'm going to try and get closer." I said out loud not caring if anyone had heard or was even paying attention. I ran as close as I could get before holding up my hand and shielding myself as best as I could. I made an icy ramp for myself and swept up around him. I was able to jump on his shoulder and hold onto it. I got down on my knees and froze my hand before punching him. A huge chunk of his shoulder froze up. As soon as it did I went to destroy it but stopped.

"Fire Dragon: Iron Fist!" The frozen spot was suddenly shattered. Natsu was stood in front of me with his fist in the guys shoulder. The whole thing broke moments later. Some how it slowed down his wind enough for Happy to fly over and catch Natsu from the falling debris. I flipped myself over and created a slide for me to get down safely. Once I was down about halfway he used his arm, that was still attached, to reach over and smash it.

"Gray!" I had gotten to the end of it and went to fall down. I waited to hit the ground but someone had jumped up and saved me in time that I hadn't hit the ground. I opened my eyes and smiled as the person sat me back down on the ground.

"Thanks, Loke." He smiled and pushed his glasses up his nose.

"Don't mention it." The monster spun to face us and lifted his arm up to swing at us. Loke and I jumped away from each other in time to miss the hit. He turned towards me and attempted to smash me again but I had gotten out of the way before he did.

"Why's he going after you?!" Loke stood up and yelled as I dodged yet another attack.

"Probably because I took out his arm!" Natsu had punched his fists together.

"That's stupid! I had a part in it as well so why isn't he going after me too?" Erza jumped down next to him and switched armors.

"Yea but the only reason you were able to destroy it was because of Gray." I had tried to dodge again but ended up tripping and falling.

"Gray-sama!" Juvia yelled along with an attack. She was somehow able to deflect his attack off of me.

"Thanks Juvia! I owe you one!" I pushed myself up and held my hands out again

"Ice Make-" I was cut off by a hand being placed on my shoulder. I glanced over and saw Lucy.

"Don't worry. Let him handle this." I saw Natsu running up to attack. His whole body was enveloped in flames. I watched as he ran up and started to attack it with everything he had. Suddenly the monster let out a loud yell and used his arm to swipe down and send Natsu flying through the air.

A scream fell past my lips as I began running towards the direction that he had landed. My legs pumped as fast as they could as bad thoughts overtook my mind. There is no way he can be taken down with that kind of attack. I have saw him receive far worse hits before. I crawled up to the top of what used to be a building and found him laying there with scratches all over him. His eyes seemed to be bouncing all over the place.

"He got me good." I chuckled and bent down next to him.

"You can't give up that easily though." His eyes finally refocused and he smirked at me.

"Don't worry. He isn't getting away." He stood up and pounded his fists. "I'm all fired up now."