Chapter 13

"So do you think you could do it?" Natsu asked as we sat across from Levy. She confusingly looked between us and nodded.

"Yea I should be able to. By tonight I will have most likely figured it out." Natsu smiled and looked over to me. I weakly smiled back and looked down.

"Can I ask why you want to be linked to Gray so badly?" Levy asked in a quiet voice. Natsu's eye brows raised up.

"Oh uh, just to keep him safe." She nodded and went to stand up but then stopped herself.

"You do realize that there is downsides right? Like whenever one of you is in pain the other feels it as well. Also your emotions mix and the one that is more powerful is the one both of you will feel." I looked up at her as my lip began to shake.

"That's fine." I looked over to Natsu and saw that his face was blank. He really wanted to be linked so that he could watch over me. As he went to stand up he stopped and leaned over to me. He kissed my cheek lightly before pulling away.

"Thanks Levy! I owe you one!" Then he stood and walked away from the table. My face was bright red as Levy sat there wiggling her eyebrows.

"So you and Natsu eh?" I chuckled for a second before pulling a serious face.

"So do you think you could actually link us?" She nodded.

"Yea. It will take a lot of work but I can do it." I sighed and looked down to tap my hands on the table.

"Do you think you could make it so that if one of us dies the other still lives?" I heard her shuffle slightly.

"I'm not sure. Why is that a concern for you?"

"Because if something were to happen to me, I don't want him to have to pay for it. If I am in pain for whatever reason then that is my pain. I don't want him to have to feel it."

"Well, the reason why people get these types of spells is to keep the other person safe. I think it is really sweet that he-"

"I know. I know that it is really nice and it really shows how much he cares for me but I can't. He wants this done but I don't. My pain is mine not his."

"Yea I get that. Your pain is yours. But I don't think there would be a way to make it so that if one of you dies the other still lives. That just isn't how the spell was made to be." I sighed and sat back in the seat.

"Then could you just tell him that it isn't possible? That you weren't able to find it?" Her face went blank as she sat and was thinking over my words. Suddenly Gajeel walked over to her and tapped her shoulder. She looked up at him confused.

"C'mon shrimp. I told you yesterday that we were going on a trip together today." She nodded and stepped up next to him.

"I'm sorry Gray but if I tell him that I couldn't find one you know he would just ask someone else anyway. So I might as well just do the spell for you guys." I looked down at my hands and nodded. She was right about him going around and asking more people.

"Okay." Her and Gajeel then walked away together. I sat and thought everything over for a moment before standing. I know that I'm not going to be able to stop cutting. I will eventually take my own life but if I'm linked to Natsu I won't be able to do either of them. So I have to do it now.

I walked over to the bar where all the girls were sitting. Erza had just gotten her strawberry cake and was sitting with a huge grin on her face as she ate it.

"Hey girls." They all looked over to me and smiled.

"Gray-sama. What are you doing?" I smiled as real of a smile as I could muster.

"I just wanted to thank all of you for everything." Lucy looked confused as to what I was saying. "I really do appreciate everything you guys have ever done for me." I turned away from them and walked over to a different group. I slowly made my way around Fairy Tail and thanked everyone while saying my goodbyes. When I was finally done I walked up to the doors and put my hand on it. I turned around and let my eyes scan over the building one last time. I spotted Natsu stood by the request board with his arms crossed. His eyes had been on me the whole time I went around and said my goodbyes. I smiled and waved to him as I started outside.

I shoved my hands into my pockets and walked down street towards my house. I just really hope that Natsu will be okay, but he will be. Because I'm not someone that is worth much.

"Gray!" I stopped my steps and turned to see Natsu stood there. His hair and scarf was blowing in the wind.

"Yea?" He took a step towards me then stopped.

"Why did that look like a goodbye?" I took a shakey breath and let it out.

"I just wanted to talk to everyone before I went home." He shook his head and glided towards me.

"No it was more than that. You never acted like that before." I glared at him and went to step away.

"Look Natsu, its fine. I just wanted to thank everyone since I haven't been there for a while. Nothing is wrong I'm just tired and want to head home."

"Okay. I'll come with you then." He came over and stood next to me. Why does he always do this? Why can't he just let me go.

"Kay." I started walking towards my house again. He slipped his hand into my jacket pocket to lock his fingers with mine. Then he pulled them out and kept them between us. He stepped closer so that our shoulders were touching.

We didn't say anything the rest of the way to my house. Throughout the whole walk all I was thinking about is a way I could get him to leave so that I could go through with my plan.

We made it to my house and I opened the front door for us. We stepped in and kept our hands together. I shut the door and removed my shoes, Natsu doing the same. Once our shoes were off he reached over and took my hand in his once again. He led me to the living room and sat down on the couch, pulling me down on top of him. I huffed and buried my face into his shoulder his hand came up to my back as he began rubbing it.

"I'm not letting you go Gray. You are far too important to just throw your life away." I squeezed my eyes shut as tightly as I possibly could. All I want is to disappear.