Chapter 9

Yuri's mother is always so nice. Though, I wish that she'll let me help on things, it's nice be treated like her own.

Rolled up in a blanket with the flooring heated, I was snug as a bug in the living room. The large blanket consumed me, my face the only thing showing from underneath.

The television as entertaining as it was I started daydreaming. Nothing's been happening Yuri and I and I wanted to change that. Probably this wasn't about anything else besides just wanting him to accept me that way. I guess not wining at something so simple is frustrating and distracting a bit.

Thinking about it, I wanted to do something for him. Maybe because I'm getting anxious for something to naturally happen, but it'll still a nice gesture.

"Um, Yuri's mom, I think I'll head out or a bit." I rolled out of my blanket cocoon and started crawling over to the front door.

"Okay have fun!" I put on my shoes and wave her off. Her cheery smile making me smile as well.

Where was I going? I don't know. What was I going to do to impress him? I don't know. I just don't know anything, I guess.

I brushed the tiredness out of my eyes, hoping that it wasn't too noticeable that I was sleepy. But I think the messy hair and the barely wrinkly clothes showed the story very well without it.

I walked by several different shops. Some had desserts and others had toys like teddy bears or other things you would give your sweetheart. Though cute, nothing really spoke out to me. Nothing felt good enough to buy for him. I wanted it to be perfect.

I went over to a flower shop, the roses the thing that looked stunning to me. I went over to the roses and looked at the many colors. Red was the color for love but I wanted something else to make it special.

"Is there something I could help you with?" Surprised, I jumped at the supposed question. I turned around to see an young man with the local flower shop apron on saying me worked here.

"Um, yeah, I'm trying to find roses but I want it to look unique. Like red but with something else." He nodded, getting my vibe on the whole thing.

"We take white roses and put them in water with different colors of dye. It makes the flowers have a tie dye look to them. How about twelve red roses with a tie dye rose in the middle?" I nodded in excitement, already imaging what it'll look like in my head.

He took a bouquet of roses and led me to the multi colored flowers to pick out one. One's were more yellow, some more purple. But a bright blue one with hints pink on the petals.

The blue reminded me of Yuri himself. Peaceful but also unpredictable. Okay, maybe more peaceful, but I'm trying to be poetic right now.

I picked it up, telling the employee that it had to be the one. He nodded and added the flower into the middle of the bouquet. It was beautiful, perfect.

I paid for the flowers and headed back home. The crinkling of that plastic was made as I moved my fingers over it.

I was excited without any doubt that he won't like it. It was special, with thought put behind it. And if he didn't accept, then I'll just accept the loss and move on.

Back home, I headed to the front door to find Yuri. But before I could open the door, I heard someone outside sitting outside on the bench bear the house.

Looking over I saw that Yuri was sitting there just soaking up the sun with Makk-chan. It looked like the perfect setting for this to happen.

"Okay Victor." I said, getting ready to motivate myself. "This is perfect, the present is perfect."

It's perfect.