The Final Round

Kaiakrata: AND... BE-GIN!

Toph: (Waits a moment, then when Bumi merely smiles pleasantly begins an initial attack, gauging his movements)

Bumi: (Dodges every attack with no apparent interest in fighting back)

Toph: Scared of hitting a girl, old man?

Bumi: Scared of hitting an old man, girl?

Toph: (Growls, becoming more aggressive in form)

Bumi: (Continues dodging) You fight very well for one so young.

Toph: You fight well for someone so old!

Bumi: But I'm not even fighting, child! Don't you know that yet?

Toph: Then what are you doing?! You're not even trying to leave the ring!

Bumi: Quite correct, my dear.

Toph: (Begins moving forward while hurling stone after stone in Bumi's direction, circling around in an attempt to clear the ring)

Bumi: Leaving so soon? I was just about to invite you to lunch! I do so love company...

(Bumi's neck muscles flex, and Toph is suddenly thrown backward. Her bending allows her to land smoothly on her feet. They talk as they fight)

Bumi: You're considerably head-on, Runaway, which leaves me to wonder... what are you running from?

Toph: Away from the shadows, old man- into the fight.

Bumi: Yet you spend your time here- evading responsibility- in favor of grouchy old men?

Toph: You're not exactly a cherry blossom yourself!

Bumi: Oh, I gave over seventy-five years to serve my people, but outside of your part in the hundred-year-war, how much time have you given to serving your own?

Toph: I... don't... serve... anyone!

Bumi: Then will you settle for getting served?

Toph: (Enraged, tries a ground-pound, sending a ripple of rock across the ring)