stay with me ☆

Unedited☆゚.*

I slam my pencil down on my desk so hard I wouldn't be surprised if it split in half, shortly after hearing another slam down with even more force to the right of me. His pencil did split in half, splintering in the middle, the end with the eraser clattering to the floor.

"I won." I gloated, grinning cockily. As soon as his angry eyes made contact with mine, however, I jumped and looked away. I couldn't look him in the eyes, not since this morning when I woke up trapped in his arms and legs, lips pressed against my forehead, breath lightly fanning over my hair. My involuntary gasp woke him up, and he was off the bed and in his bathroom before he could say, or shout, "WHY DOES THIS KEEP FUCKING HAPPENING".

He cast his gaze away as well as Aizawa glared at us, as to wordlessly reprimand us for talking during the test.

"We can call it a tie if you wa-" I began to whisper, but was cut off by Aizawa.

"If you have finished the test, you can bring it up to the front and wait for the test exercise in the auditorium with the rest of the over-achievers." Aizawa commanded and I gulped, picking up my paper and bringing it to his desk with my head bowed, Bakugou shuffling behind me.

"Wanna ditch and go grab some curry for lunch?" I suggested once we got out of the classroom, trying not to sound as awkward as I felt.

"As long as you're paying." He smirked down at me and I felt a wave of nausea overcome me, forcing a smile and nod out.

* * *

We waited side by side outside the academy, clad in our hero costumes. I stood next to Katsuki, stomach still unwell. I passed on eating at the curry place, but Katsuki didn't seem to have a problem with it, as long as I was still paying and wouldn't chicken out of the final exam exercise because, and I quote, "I'm going to hammer you so hard that you won't be able to walk afterwards. Wait FUCK that's not what I meant.". After that, my 'stomach ache' just seemed to worsen.

"Right, the test will begin shortly. Obviously, you can fail this test, too, so if you want to head to the forest lodge, then we'd better not see any pitiful blunders from any of you." Aizawa lectured, standing amongst 7 other U.A teachers. I knit my eyebrows together, Aizawa's voice fading to the background. Something's not right, why would there be so many teachers if we're fighting robots like the upperclassmen told us?

"Due to various reasons, we're changing the contents of the test, starting today!" Our furry friend, the principal, appeared from Aizawa's scarf and announced. The students reacted adversely and confused, as expected. I felt the air shift and thicken, as if a foreboding cloud had passed over the sun. Someone was going to get hurt today, and I had an odd feeling that it was going to be Katsuki.

I gulped, doubling over and clenching my stomach. Pain jolted through my body, it felt as if the Spanish fucking Armada began letting cannons loose in my stomach.

A familiar rough hand came down on my shoulder, causing another wave of pain and electricity to course through me.

"You okay?" Katsuki asked harshly, voice tinged with poorly veiled worry.

"Yeah, fine." I stood back up, inhaling deeply. Pull it together, (Y/N). This better not be what I think it is. But as Katsuki's hand left my shoulder, and the cannon firing ceased, I knew it probably was.

"Which, boys and girls, is all to say...that henceforth, we will have you form pairs to engage in combat with one of these here educators!" The principal announced, and an air of excitement passed that students always get when they're told to pair up. Bakugou and I looked at eachother knowingly, nodding in confirmation as I ignored the spike in pain.