Trees Part One

(1. Sorry I haven't posted since 24,000 bc! 2. This is based off of Trees by Twenty Øne Piløts because I'm utterly obsessed)

John texted busily on his phone, drumming his fingers on the rusty blue metal of the park bench that he thought of as his because he came to the park every day after work to clear his mind. His friend said she had to go, so he sighed and shut off his phone before shoving it in the pocket of his jeans.

He looks around the empty park and notices someone sitting in a tree. The man must not have noticed that anyone was there because he was silently crying. He looks concerned and wants to say something, but he couldn't think of what to say. He gets up and climbs the tree behind the man. John did karate as a kid and he was obsessed with ninjas like the nerd he was, so he was very stealthy. The mystery man doesn't notice or hear him for those exact reasons, and he starts muttering to himself. John listens as he rants to himself about trust.

"It's stupid..." He mutters with his head in his hands. "I'm so dumb... how could I think anyone would love me?" John is heartbroken to hear this, the man was very attractive and he didn't think anyone could not love that face.

The next day, John comes to the park and decides not to text, just to wait for the man to climb the tree. Eventually John sees him climb the tree and climbs up behind him again, listening to his rants, wondering about this man.

The cycle continued day after day for an entire month, until one day John arrived at the park and the man never came. John decided the man must be busy, and to not think of it.

The man still doesn't come, and John still goes everyday, each day less and less excited. John decides one day not to go, so he heads to the grocery store to get some simple things for dinner. He was an amazing cook, so he always prepared himself delicious meals.

John scans the dairy aisle for eggs, but then he spots something more impressive than the final ingredient for his quiche, the back of the the head of the man he saw everyday for a month. John swallows hard and tries to work up the courage to speak, and he nervously approaches him before tapping him on the shoulder. The mystery man turns around, his beautiful features leaving John in awe. He takes a deep breath and smiles at him. Finally, he says what he's been wanting to say for so long.

"Hello."

(Yes this was really shitty but it was the best I could do. Anyways, the part two will be coming up soon! And by soon I mean maybe before I graduate from college.)