Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Notes from Author: This chapter is based off Exodus 8

____________________________________________________________________

 Chapter eight

 “That man!” I slammed my fist down on the hand rest of my throne in frustration.

“Why do I let him get away with saying things like that?”

Why indeed, I thought to myself. I’m glad no one was here to witness this embarrassing encounter. I could hear their laughter now. Pharaoh’s brother doesn’t even believe in the gods they would chide.

I will not let that happen. I wonder if-

“Pharaoh!” a guard rushed in through the door that led outside, interrupting my thoughts.

“I’m sorry for disturbing you, my god.” He said, struggling to catch his breath. “But, frogs are all over the city.”

“What?” I boomed. “Explain.”

“These-these frogs just came out of the Nile!” the guard tried to explain. “One moment they weren’t the next they were.”

What Moses had said was coming to fruition. Just then a frog hopped in through the opened door and croaked, then another, and another. Before we knew it, the palace was a moving sea of green; the croaking was defining as it reverberated off the palace walls.

“Guards!” I called out to the guards in the other room.

I saw as they pushed the door open with their backs, as they used their spears to attempt to stab the frogs so the door could be opened a crack.

“Get these creatures out of here!” I commanded the guards. “Now!”

“Yes, Pharaoh,” One of them said as four other guards were attempting to stab, swat, swing, or prod the frogs out of the room. No matter how hard they tried however, new frogs just appeared, covering the few frogs the guards had slain.

The door on the other side of the room opened up and three of my trusted officials came bursting in my room, arms flailing to keep the frogs away.

“Pharaoh, king, god,” They all pleaded with one voice. “Get these frogs off us, we beg you our Lord.” They cried out.

It was utter ciaos. Five of my trusted guards had given up trying to get the frogs out. They were now trying to just keep the frogs off of them, mainly by swinging their spear and running it through the frogs. Frog guts covered my beautiful floors and the amphibians’ blood was sprayed on the lower part of my precious walls. The three officials in the room were screaming like children, two running all around, panicking, and one huddled in a corner, hiding his face, close to tears. I now found myself kicking the occasional frog off my throne.

“Silence!” I yelled. Nothing happened. Nothing had changed; the guards were still defending themselves and the three officials still acting like little children.

“Enough!” I roared from the base of my lungs. Now the guards stood at attention, or at least the best they could with the irregular swat of their hand to keep the frogs at bay. Also, those moronic officials stopped screaming and crying like babies without their mother now.

“You two,” I yelled, pointing two of my fingers at two random guards. “Get me my magicians.”

As they bowed and ran off I pointed in the general direction of the officials. “You three, grow up! Act like men and not frightened women or I will kill you myself!”