Hunger

For what seemed like forever you experienced a sweet indescribable serenity. With only darkness and silence, you had plenty of time to think. This current process had been by far less painful than while signing the contract. However, the darkness never ended. You began to doubt your love. Maybe he would never bring you back as a demon. Maybe he simply used you to devour your soul. You understood years of never-ending hunger could drive a demon to do so. But Sebastian simply couldn't. You believed in him. He was your one and only love, the only man you had ever been intimate with.

It had felt as if years had passed. Every second seemed like a minute, every minute an hour, and every hour a day. Although the peace was enjoyable you soon wished to rid of it. Any longer and you'd go mad. Through the long period of darkness and bliss, you were unable to feel your body. It was as if you were simply floating along in your own mind.

You soon began to regain all feeling of your body. You were now in control again. Although you couldn't see, you were able to freely move around. However, something felt different. You felt stronger, more powerful as if a huge surge of energy entered your old weak self all at once.

Your eyes finally seemed to adapt to the dark. All you could see was a bright light in the distance. At this point, you had nearly given up and thought you were simply dead. You chose to follow the light which either way, you predicted, would lead you to your fate.

You walked into the bright light using your arms to shield your eyes. Once through you were unable to open them from how bright the light had been. From being in the dark for so long it took a while to adjust. You soon heard waves crashing and then Sebastian's soothing voice, "I see you're awake now, honey. I've missed you. I'm sorry for leaving you for so long, I needed to arrange a few things for the two of us. "

You slowly opened your eyes and smiled, "I'm here now..."

Lightheaded, you sat up to see you had been drifting off in a boat along with Sebastian. Something had made you feel as if you hadn't been on earth any longer.

"No, we're not.. We're in between both the living world and the dead."

"How did you---"

"All demons have various special abilities. One of which include, I can easily read the mind of another demon at any time."

"Interesting... What abilities do I have?"

"Each demon is different. You will discover yours soon."

You sighed, playing with the thick lace of the ruby dress you had been wearing. "When will we be returning to the living realm?"

"In a few moments my love, we'll be staying with an old, well I guess you can call them friends, of mine."

"Who exactly?"

"Oh, that's a surprise. I'm sure you'll recognize the names once we arrive."

"Sebastian..."

"Yes?'

"We can finally be together now? Right?"

For a split second, he seemed to hesitate. Quite shocked, you asked the question once more.

He shook his head and whispered, "Of course... Soon.."

.............................................

A bright light appeared once more, temporarily blinding you. In a split second, you went from the calm peaceful waters in between both realms to the outside of a large manor, quite similar to Ciel's.

Sebastian stood by your side, wrapping one arm around your waist and pulling you closer, "This is our home, for now, dear."

You smiled, leaning up and kissing his cheek, "So, who owns the residence?"

"Oh, you'll see momentarily. "

He grabbed your hand, guiding you up the long walkway. Once up it, he lightly knocked at the door. Within moments the large front doors opened wide to an unfamiliar face. It seemed to be another butler. You politely bowed as the butler let the two of you in. He smiled and whispered, "Hello miss, I welcome you to the Trancy manor. My name is Claude. The head of the residence should be down to greet you shortly. "

Claude simply glared at Sebastian before walking off.

Soon, a blonde about your height dressed in all purple skipped down the long staircase. He seemed much happier than Ciel had ever been. He met your gaze with his bright blue eyes and spoke, "Aren't you a beauty, welcome to my manor. I'm glad to have both you and your fiance here. Sebastian here is a dear friend of mine. Of course, anyone with the guts to kill that brat, Ciel is always welcome here."

You smiled, "So your name is Alois Trancy?"

"Yes, may I ask why you're curious?"

"Well, not to be rude, but I heard you were dead"

He chuckled and whispered, "I'm a new demon, just as you. Claude can't quite just get rid of me yet!"

Alois smiled at Sebastian and spoke, "Sebastian, do you mind if I fetch some tea and get to know your fiancé while you catch up with Claude?"

"Go right ahead"

You followed Alois into the dining room. You hadn't interacted with anyone but Sebastian in quite a long time. Maybe having another new demon around wouldn't be so bad.

....................

You sat down at the large dining table right next to Alois. To your surprise, the tea had already been prepared. You took a small sip of your tea and glanced over at the boy. Alois had looked around your age but you remember hearing he was Ciel's age. Quite curious you decided to ask, "You're thirteen. Am I correct?"

"Well, I became a demon when I was thirteen. However, once a demon if you're younger then sixteen you basically have a quick growth spirt which explains my current appearance."

His piercing blue eyes met yours as you sipped from your tea once more. "Well, my appearance didn't change much..."

"Simply because you must have already been older than sixteen."

You simply nodded. You couldn't think of much to say. Every topic that popped into your head seemed too inappropriate or strange. Alois soon broke the silence by placing his own hand on yours. You blushed a light pink as he whispered, "And what is a beautiful lady as yourself doing with such a troubled demon?"

"I love him, he's well, different. He makes me feel wanted, loved, perfect..."

"Soon you'll discover his true nature."

"Hm?"

"It's too soon to speak my dear. But, you'll catch on sooner or later."

"Please do explain."

"Heh, possibly in the future."

Sebastian burst through the door ending the strange conversation. He shot Alois a cold, hard look, then focusing on you, "Love, how about we head up to our room? We need to discuss a few things."

You stood and bowed towards Alois, and joined your fiance. As you stepped out you heard the boy whisper, "You'll regret it."

Your stomach nearly released from your body. The tension in the manor had been quite odd. And shockingly, Sebastian had seemed to be the center of it all.