Ready Or Not.. (Part 1)

• Chapter 17 •

Eric's P.O.V.

Everyone knew Lauryn, from hood niggas to Hollywood niggas; not because she got involved but because she was that girl everyone loved.. Of course we had to have a closed casket funeral due to her having missing limbs, when I found out about the condition of her body I was sick to my stomach.

Who could hate her so much? I still feel like it was Damian or that hoe he fucks with; I've been preparing myself for this day but the pain still fucked me up, the same with Nikki cause they were like sisters.

I slowly walked to Lauryn's casket before resting my hand on the top of it, it felt like it literally drained all the life out of me; I managed to keep it together long enough to make it to my seat next to Nikki.

The preacher spoke as many people cried especially O'shea; people try to say "She's in a better place now", but I'm selfish and I want her here with me.

"Hello", I hear a women say.

I looked over and the women looked exactly like Lauryn but older, I was speechless. "My name is Linda", She says before sitting down. "Lauryn was my daughter and I heard that you were her boyfriend."

"No!", I hear O'shea shout from the back of the room.

Everyone quickly turned around to see Shea shouting at an older man.

"You weren't there then and we don't fuckin need you now so leave!", O'shea yells.

The women stood. "O'shea please", She says as she walked towards him.

He frowned, "And you worse then him, how a women walk out on her own kids and when your brother died you still didn't come around!"

She sighed, "Give us a change to ex-."

"Leave", Shea says with tears in his eyes.

He continued, "The best you can do for me is leave."

She looked at the man and followed him out of the door. "I'm sorry for the disruption everyone.. please continue", Cube says before sitting down next to me.

I scratched my head before directing my attention back at the preacher, after he finished speaking they let friends and family speak.

"She's beautiful..", Dre says with a sad smile. "I remember as kids we would always play together outside and she would always be around all the guys cause she didn't really like girly things."

He chuckled, "I had a big crush on her to, shit everyone did but as we got older.. I looked at her as a little sister to always have by my side and protect.. I love her and.... imma miss her."

Next was Ren and Yella, then Nikki who could barely speak, some of her friends from school, hood niggas and then myself. I'm so used to masking my problems or replacing them with something else so the pain won't show but.. today I couldn't.

The pain was killing me and it showed all over my face, I cleared my throat. "A lot of people don't know this but.. me and Lauryn had a relationship.. She was my girlfriend", I say as I avoided looking up at the crowd.