Ready Or Not.. (Part 2)

Chapter 18 •

Eric's P.O.V.
The Next Day

My leg shook rapidly as I sat in the cold interrogation room, tired as fuck and half sober. This morning they knocked on my door and told me I was under arrest for the murder of Lauryn Jackson before telling me my rights and putting me in the back of a squad car; I told them over and over again I didn't do this shit and they continue to pin it on me.

"Hello Mr. Wright", Detective Lee says as he entered the room.

"Why am I here", I question.

He sat down, "Aren't you done playing this game?"

"What fuckin game!", I shout.

"Hey hey hey, calm down", He says calmly which pissed me off more.

He continued, "There's no reason to get hostile."

"How the fuck would you act if someone accused you of murder, Twice", I ask.

He sighed, "Eric we didn't even come here to question you."

"Then why am I here?"

"Do you know what a plea bargain is?", He questions.

I laughed, "Really? That's you still saying you think I did this sick shit."

"The prosecutor will be in here in a few minutes to offer you a plea bargain, you can take it or plead not guilty and get a heavy sentence."

My eyes started to water as it sunk it that I might really go to prison, "You really think I did this?"

"Yes", He answered.

"Why"

"All of the evidence miraculously leads straight to you", He answers.

"Cause we had sex?", I question.

"Yes and because we found your DNA again", He says before slowly sitting a black envelope on the table.

My whole body went stiff and I could barely feel my hands, "Take everything out", He says as he sat back in his seat.

I slowly slid the envelope over to me before opening it and pulling out the gory images of Lauryn's body, which made me cringe and look away.

"There's more", He says with a blank expression.

"I don't wanna see no more", I say as tears slid down my face.

"Then admit it"

"I didn't do it!", I shout. I calmed myself before pulling out a clear baggy with a necklace inside and another one with my pager inside.

My eyes grew wide, "I... I swear I..-."

"You what", He says cutting me off.

A women walked in before closing the door behind her. "Hello my name is Angela Daniels, I'm the prosecutor on this case", She says as she sat down next to Lee.