Fresh Air (Part 2)

• Chapter 25 •

Eric's P.O.V.

"Muahhhh", I say as I pecked Erin's lips.

She giggled and covered her eyes; I laughed before picking up a pillow and covering my face. I stayed quiet and waited for her to uncover her eyes.

"Daddddddyyyy?", She calls out.

I stayed quiet. "Hello?", She says as she stood up on the bed.

"Here I am", I say as I moved the pillow.

She laughed hysterically as I nose kissed her. "Daddy?", She says as she held my cheeks with her tiny hands.

"Yes baby girl", I answer.

"I glad you home...You staying right?", She questions.

I smiled and pulled her down by her feet. "Of course I'm staying", I say as I tickled her.

She laughed and tried to hold my hands still. "Eric", I hear Tracy call out.

"Hold on baby", I say as I continued playing with Erin.

"Eric", Tracy says in a serious tone.

I looked up at her as she held the house phone. "Daddy will be right back", I say as I handed Erin some toys and stood.

"Okay", Erin says as she played with her toys.

I walked over to Tracy and took the house phone. "Hello", I answer as I walked into the kitchen.

"Eric you got more people for me to question", Lee questions over the phone.

I sighed. "Lee I told you when I have a lead with anything imma call you, I'm spending time with my family right now", I complain as I lean against the kitchen counter.

"Eric you're the one who presented this to me, I can easily throw this shit out; find another lead or forget all of this."

"You the muthafucka who sent a innocent man to jail, and if it wasn't for me you wouldn't know Maria and Lauryn were possibly kidnapped by the same person. Give me some fuckin time Lee", I shout.

"Ight", He says dryly before hanging up.

I sighed before sitting the house phone down on the hook, I looked at Tracy as she frowned.

"Tracy don't start", I say as I walked out of the kitchen.

"What do you mean don't start? What the hell are you getting yourself into Eric?"

"Nothing that has anything to do with you Tracy damn."

"Is it about Lauryn?", She questions.

I sat on the arm of my couch, "Yeah."

She folded her arms, "Of course it does."

"The fuck is that supposed to mean?", I say playing dumb.

"You know what it means"

"Elaborate", I say as I watched her.

She sighed, "You're still in love with her Eric."

"Tracy-."

"No Eric, don't lie to my face.. I feel like you just settled for me cause you didn't have anyone else."

I looked at her, "Come here."

She ignored me. "Now", I say as I stood.

She slowly walked to me. "You see that little girl in there", I say as I pointed at Erin.

"She's our first baby... She's beautiful, happy, strong kind, sneaky", I say as I chuckled.

I continued, "But most of all shes like you and me and she's ours.. you gave me an angel that I will never regret having with you; I love you and her. Don't ever think I settled, I don't do that anyway.. Okay?"

"Okay..", She says as she looked down.

I pecked her lips slowly, "And don't worry about what I'm doing; I'm not doing anything dangerous."

She held my hand and rubbed my cheek with the other hand, "Okay"

O'shea's P.O.V.

"And then the muthafucka punches me", I tell my father.

I've been pretty lonely cause I don't know who I can trust, I have my girl Taylor but who knows how long that's gone last? So I decided to try to build a relationship with my parents.

It's funny how much my mother looks and acts like Lauryn and how much my father looks and acts like me but there's one huge difference. I would never abandon my kids, but forgive and forget right?

"But yeah... he's out of prison, they proved he didn't do it meaning the person who did do it was free the whole time."

"That's crazy.. Are you and Eric going to be friends again", My dad questions.

I sighed, "To be honest.. Ion think he wants my friendship right now.. but if he does then we can."

"If I were you I would try to fix that friendship.. He warned you about a potential danger meaning he still cares about you living... there's not many people like that", He finishes.

I laid back, "I understand, aye.. I'll call you back okay?"

"Sure thing, love you"

I looked at the phone. "See you later", I say before hanging up.

It might seem petty but I'm not comfortable with telling him I love him and I wasn't about to lie; I dialed Eric's number and was about to call him but my phone rung before I could. I recognized the number and it was the hospital.

"Hello?", I answer.

The doctor began to speak and I quickly leaned up before dropping the phone.

"This shit can't be real", I say out loud.

Thoughts?