Fresh Air (Part 3)

• Chapter 26 •

Eric's P.O.V.

I watched Tracy as she slept and the sun slowly started to rise, I then looked at the ring on my hand and began thinking about how lucky I was to have her.

I kept my promise and married her as soon as I got out of prison cause anyone to care for and believe in me deserves to be happy.. She said I make her and she definitely makes me happy. Now all I have to do is find the person who did this to Lauryn and Yella and I can live my life in peace.

I feel an obligation to do this and if we find out who did this, we can possibly save someone else's life. I looked at the clock that read 7 AM and leaned up before showering, brushing my teeth and getting dressed.

When I was finished I quietly walked out of me and Tracy's bedroom and peeked inside of Erin's room to check on her, I smiled at the site of her sleeping while tightly holding a pink stuffed bunny I won for her at a fair.

I slowly cracked her door before walking downstairs and leaving to Dre's house; I knocked on his door and waited for a couple seconds until he finally opened the door.

He looked at me and his eyes widened, "Eric"

I smiled. "Surprised?", I ask before punching him in his nose.

"Eric I didn't mean it!", He shouts.

I kicked him in his throat and he started coughing, "Stop I lov-

"Shut the fuck up", I shout.

I slightly frowned. "You love what", I question.

He pushed be back, "What do you mean what?"

"Why you here?", He asked.

"I just wanted to smack you up before going to see Detective Lee; who the fuck was you talking about loving?"

"Uh..... you", He answers.

I sucked my teeth. "One ew and two yo ass lying but I don't got time to find out whachu on", I say as I walked towards the door.

I looked down at two suitcases that were resting near the door. "Where you post to be going?", I question.

"Hotel... with Denise", He answers.

"Ehh you taking that hoe to a hotel? All she deserve is a trip to Denny's and you actually tryna treat that hoe", I say as I chuckled before walking out to my car and leaving to Detective Lee's office.

"Knock knock open up", I say as I knocked on his door.

He opened the door and I walked inside only to see Ren sitting in his office, I sucked my teeth. "What's he doing here?"

"I'm questioning him", Lee replies.

"Tuh, this bitch don't know shit", I say as I sat on his desk.

"Yo' Eric, what the fuck is is yo problem?", Ren questions.

I laughed, "Don't play dumb nigga; you was up there with the rest of them saying I did this shit... Do you know how it feels to watch your home boys do that?", I ask.

"But did you die?", He questions.

I frowned, "I'm about to spit on this bitch."

"No Eric, this is much bigger than y'all beef", Lee says as he looked at me.

Ren sighed, "I'm sorry Eric, all the evidence pointed to you and we just wanted the guy caught."

"I would have never did that to any of y'all.. But I understand", I say as I sat in Lee's chair and put my feet up on his desk.

"Good, now Ren have you noticed anything unusual these last couple of days?", Lee questions.

"No"

"No one acting weird?"

"No... Well.. Have you questioned Dre yet?", Ren asked.

"No, why him", Lee answers.

"Cause he been kinda quiet lately, prolly still morning over Yella", He says as he scratched his head.

"You not gone be able to question him anyway, he taking that trick Denise to a hotel soon", I say as I repositioned my hat.

Ren frowned, "No he's not."

"Yes he is, I was just over there this morning. He had his bags packed and everything."

"He can't be cause me and Denise chillin tonight..we became a thing."

I turned up my face, "Call that hoe"

Ren picked up Lee's office phone and dialed Denise's number, "Hello baby?"

"Yeah its... Bubby", Ren says as he lowered his voice.

I held in my laugh as he spoke to her. "We still on for tonight?", Ren questions.

"Coo and you didn't make any other plans right?", He asked.

"Coo... I love u to", He says before hanging up.

Me and Lee bursted out laughing. "Bubby!?", I question.

"Ha ha ha", He says sarcastically.

He continued, "Can we get to the real problem? Why would Dre lie about chillin wit Denise?"

"Shit", I say as I finally calmed myself.

I continued, "That's a good question, and if he not leaving with her then where is he go-", I started but was cut off by my pager going off.

I looked at the number and didn't recognize it so I picked up Lee's office phone and dialed it.

"Oh, wassup Shea", I say with a slight frown.

Dre's  P.O.V. •

"That's amazing... Shit I'll be down there soon, Ight? Coo", I say before hanging up my house phone.

"Fuck!", I shout as I punched a hole in my wall.

That was Cube calling to tell me that Lauryn was found, she was found in the woods and is still unconscious from a bad head injury; I can't get caught cause then I'll never be with her and my whole plan is falling apart, Eric outta prison and cube not dead yet. My only option is to go down there while she's still unconscious and take her out of the hospital. My bags are already packed, I just have to move fast.

I walked outside to my car and put my suitcases in the backseat before closing the car door and getting in the driver side; I will have Lauryn to myself..

Thoughts? And what do you think is gonna happen next???