Chapter Three

Sabrina's P.O.V-*dream*/flashback

"Happy birthday my Little Shadow." "Thank you Daddy". "What are we going to do today?". "We are going to go to an art exhibit" "Yeah" Then the family went to a colorful art exhibit in a Museum. When the family got back home by around 7:00. When they entered the house there were pale men in the living room. "Long time no see Nathan" "Who are the young ones?" "It is none of your business, what are you doing here?" "You see, we never did get our revenge from you killing our creator, did we." "Katheryn, get Sabrina and Ethan out of here". She hurried her children, but one was grabbed. "no", the mother said. "I'll get him", the father said. The mother nodded "Mommy, what is happening", the child asked. "Don't worry my child, you will be alright." The woman then heard her husband's and son's scream and broke into tears. She shut the door to the car when she heard. "You see Katheryn; we cannot let such a powerful child live, we already killed one, we just need the other one". The mother then took out a glowing sword and stabbed them throw their chests and they became ash. The child to was crying knowing that the man's and child's scream was her father's and her brother's. The mother opened the car door and told her child to wait there. The mother opened the door to her house and broke into sobs.

I then shot out of bed with a few tears running down my cheeks. I was also covered in sweat. It was 5:00 so I went downstairs and served myself a cup of coffee. By the time I finished my coffee it was 6:00. I was bored so I went to my room and decided to draw. I got a picture taken by Andrew of my mom, my dad, my brother, and me at the beach. I got out my sketch book and decided to draw it. When it was time for me to go to school I was one-fourth done with my drawing. I decided to put my sketch pad and the photo in my backpack. I grabbed my backpack and phone and headed to school. I walked past my mom said bye and climbed into the driver's seat. I took a deep breath and started driving to school.

When I got there I walked past Paul, but he followed me all the way to my locker. I then finally asked, "Why are you following me?"

"Why did you ditch us in 2nd grade?", he asked calmly

"Just because", I answered

"That's not a real answer", he said

"Because I didn't want people trying to help me get through my dad's death. But when I was finally over it I saw my ex-friends with their own little groups", I said angrily and stormed off. What I hated the most is that that was partly true.

I went to class, sat down, but Andrew called me over.

"You okay", he asked

"Yeah just had a nightmare last night", I said. Okay was his response. When I went to sit down at my seat Paul was there. Ugh. The bell rung and class started. Andrew was starting class but I wasn't paying attention. I kept thinking about my nightmare. My flashback. My past. The worst day of my life. I saw Paul was writing something in his notebook. He then past the notebook down to me.

It Said - I'm sorry I then wrote- why are you sorry, I passed it down to him. I'm sorry that I made you explain something you didn't want to explain. I am also sorry that I kept reminding you about your dad and brother. I read it then wrote- it is alright, the past is the past, and the past doesn't matter anymore. I past it back to him, and after that, he stopped sending me notes.

--------------------------lunch------------------------

Today I decided to not get lunch. I walked into the cafeteria, sat down in my usual seat, and looked at Jacob's little group. I noticed that Embry wasn't there which meant he phased. I took out my sketch book and the photo and started drawing. I then heard someone sit down in front of me. "What are you doing", I asked

"Sitting with you", he said

"Why?", I asked

"Just because", he answered. I gave him a glare. I decided to ignore him. I then paid my attention back to my drawing.

"What are you drawing?", I turned to a blank page and gave him a glare.

"Why, am I suddenly so interesting?", I asked with a bit of sarcasm

"To me you are", he said. I just sighed. The bell then was rung. I gathered my items and left.

------------------------end of school------------------

The bell finally was rung and it was time to go home. I was headed towards my locker when I saw Paul at my locker. I sighed. I got everything that I needed for homework and then asked, "Shall we?"

"Yep", he answered. We got in my truck and I drove to the store in silence. Once we got to the store we both got out and walked inside.

"Can I ask you a question?", Paul asked

"Depends on what the question is", I answered

"It is a social question", he said

"Then I probably won't know the answer to it", I said with a smile

"Can we be friends again?", he asked. I turned around and looked at him with a shocked expression. We started walking again and I answered him.

"I guess, but just so you know I might not be a very good friend.", I said. Once we paid we got in my truck and headed towards my house.