Chapter Twenty Four

We talked and talked and talked and soon enough it started pouring rain.
"What else do you remember about your childhood?", he asked
"Well I remember the amazing mud fights we used to have", I said
"Well I should be going now", I said standing up.
"But it's pouring rain", he said
"Don't worry, I'm going to drive not walk", I said leaving his room. He went after me. When I arrived at the kitchen I said goodbye to Paul's father. When I flung the door open I was instantly hit with a cold breeze. I ran to my truck and quickly opened the door to my truck. I was about to climb into my I felt so truck when I  felt something soggy thrown at me. I touched it and found out that it was mud. I then turned around and saw that Paul had mud in his hand and was smiling. I then crouched down and picked up some mud myself and threw it at him. We soon were covered in mud and soaked, but we were still laughing like the old days. We stopped throwing mud at each other and let the rain wash us off.
"What is wrong with you?", I asked him
"Nothing at all", he said. I groaned but still smiled after.
"Can I change clothes in your bathroom?", I asked
"Yeah sure", he said
"Thanks", I said grabbing my duffel bag, that contained clothing, from the trunk. We then came into his house. I went to the bathroom and changed.
"Well thank you for getting me muddy. But other than that I had a good time", I said
"Yeah I had a good time too", he said
"Make sure you give the project to Mrs. Vanides tomorrow", I said he nodded
"See you tomorrow", he said
"See ya", I said and ran to my truck since it was still raining.