Chapter Six

We were in my bed and I asked, "What do you want to hear about first?"

"Your weapons", he said with a smile. I chuckled.

"Well I've got my sword, and well there is not much to tell about it. Um, the supernatural creatures can't touch it or else they will get burnt. And once you stab them through their chests, they turn into ash.", I said. We kept talking and talking. I even told him about my powers. And then he said, "You don't have to answer it, but, how did your father and brother die?"

"It was my 6th birthday. My dad took me to an art gallery. When we got back home vampires wanted to kill me and my brother because of our powers. My father got killed trying to protect me and the vampires were able to kill my brother. My mom took care of the rest. That was the day I found out about my powers and they started acting up. That is why I had to ditch you.", I said

"Wow", he said

I then said, "You know, I really enjoyed us talking, do you think that after school tomorrow, you can come over?", I asked. He nodded his head and headed over to the balcony.

"Bye", he said and jumped off the railing. I walked into the balcony and saw him run into the forest.

After that, I went into the bathroom and took a shower. When I got out it was 9:30. I put on my pajamas and went to sleep.

When I woke up I did my usual routine. But it felt different. It felt as if I was being watched. I decided to get my sword, and I got in my car.

When I got to school people were whispering, about me as I passed. I noticed Paul was waiting by my locker.

"Hey Paul.", I said as I unlocked my locker.

"Hey Bree", he said

I looked at him with a serious face, "You did not just give me a nickname", I told him

"Oh, but I did", he said. I just chuckled and shook my head.

"Do you want to go to the beach with me and the pack?", he asked

"I would, but I don't think Sam likes me that much anymore.", I said

"Look, Sam feels guilty. He still likes you and so do the rest of the pack.", he said

"Okay, I'll go as long as the pack still like me. And when is it?", I asked.

"It is this Saturday.", he said. I nodded and we both headed to class.

-------------------------------------end of school---------------------------------

Paul and I were walking towards my truck when I felt as if I were being watched again. I think Paul noticed because he asked, "Hey are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just have a strange feeling that I am being watched", I answered. He just nodded as we climbed into my truck.

"Do you smell that?", I asked

"Smell what?", he asked

"I smell vampire", I said cautiously. He sniffed the air then nodded.

"I have an idea, we go to my house, I get my weapons, and we follow the scent.", I said. He nodded and I started to drive to my house a bit fast.

Once we got to my house I sniffed the air. I smelled vampire. "Vampires were in my house", I said. I started to take deep breaths. Paul then rushed to my side and said, "Hey its okay"