Chapter Five

It has been two weeks since I have been friends with Sam's pack, and not much has changed. Jacob phased three days ago, they still don't know that I am a shadowhunter. And I still know their secret. Jacob keeps telling us about Bella and how this is all Sam's fault that he had to leave her.

Today I was in the kitchen with my mom when the phone rang. I answered it.

"Hello?", I said and asked

"Um, hello is Katheryn there?", the man asked

"Um, yeah", I said and passed the phone to my mom

"Mom, it's for you", I said as I passed the phone to my mom.

"Hello?", my mom said into the phone

"Oh, hi Charlie", she said

"Yeah, I'm up for hunting. Okay bye", she said

"Okay, I am going to go hunting with Charlie. Bella was in the woods when the pack showed up. Do you mind lurking in the shadows? If the pack showed up, there must have been a vampire.", she said

"Yeah, I'll go.", I said and grabbed my stele. I move the stele over my rune.

"You go in the car, I'll follow you.", I told her. she just nodded

Once we got to the destination I climbed a tree. My mom looked up and just nodded.

When they were hiking up a hill I saw a figure with red hair. I was being cautious to make sure it didn't catch my scent. But it was getting closer to the humans. I think one of them noticed, because he turned around. The wind blew and I caught the figure's scent, it was a vampire. I then started to move forward but my clothes were stuck in the bark. I was struggling. By the time I was able to untangle it, I was too late. The man was already dead. The red head was still holding him by his neck. I grabbed my sword and speeded towards the red head as fast as I could. I was chasing her and 20 seconds within the chasing the pack showed up. Great I would have to explain to them everything about this. I almost had her when she jumped off a cliff. I faced Sam and said, "Let's go to Emily's and I'll explain everything.", he just nodded.

When we got to Emily's everyone phased back. We walked in the house and I started explaining.

"I am a shadowhunter. Shadowhunters protect the human world from the demon world. From vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters, and of course demons.", I said

"Oh so we are demons?", Sam asked

"To humans you are. And you are a threat to the shadow world too. Unlike you, I'm not afraid to hurt someone's feelings.", I said. Everyone had angry faces.

"As I can see, I am no longer welcome, so goodbye.", I said. I turned around and left. I then used my super speed to get home. I saw that mom was there. Once I entered I quickly said, "I have to confess, I told Sam's pack", I then started crying. My mom came and hugged me. Once I started to calm down I went to my room to find Paul there.

"What are you doing here?", I asked

"I came to check on you.", he said. There was a moment of silence, and then he said, "I want to know everything."

"What?", I asked

"I want to know everything, about you, about your family, about your weapons, everything.", he said. I went to the balcony, from where he came in and closed it.

"Shall we begin.", I said