Feel Replaced...

Audrey's POV

I was sitting outside with Smuffy, I walked up to the tree beside the house. I climbed into the tree, I sat on a branch high enough I couldn't touch but low enough that I could jump off the branch.

I heard the back door squeak open, I ignored who ever walked out. I kept looking at the sunset setting in the distance, the yellows, oranges, pinks and the dark blue to black coming to take the day's light place.

"AJ?" Tegan said, I ignored him, I heard the door open again I looked back and saw Steve. I sighed, I turned back to the sunset, Smuffy was barking, I left him.

I saw Logan standing in the window of the kitchen, he was watching, wish he would do something or at least kick Steve out of here. I stared at the night sky now coming up, he tapped my foot. I looked down at him.

"AJ? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to!" Tegan said, I looked down at him, gave him a stink eye and continued looking at the stars.

"Doubt it, either I not important anymore or you found someone new to be around." I climbed higher so he couldn't touch me.

"Come one AJ, you don't mean that"

"Course I do, ever since Steve came along, you've tossed me to the curb like yesterday's newspaper. I no longer exist when Steve is here, it's all about Steve, Logan works all the time and I have you, now I don't think I have that."

He stood there dumbfounded, he stood with Steve. Steve was gonna say something.

"And you don't even think about speaking to me, got it. You've done enough. You know what why don't you just stay with us now, you can be his new sister, as for you Tegan, I though you knew better..." I said, I started crying half way though when I was talking, I ran onto the roof, then down the side of the front yard.

I ran down the road as fast as I could, school starts tomorrow and I'm not in th mood to see Tegan, he used to go to school before we moved here, but now that he got the job, he means nothing anymore to me.

I ran into the nightly double, where yes I work. I got the job, but I don't start till Friday. I walked in and sat down, I started crying, it started to rain, I saw some people laughing and giggling in front of me. I saw someone I knew a few chairs down from me.

I slid down in my chair, I continued to cry, unfortunately that didn't work. Ponyboy walked over to me, he sat down. I looked at him but had tears coming down still.

"AJ? You okay?" He asked me, I shrugged my shoulders.

"Yea I guess, just cooling down from what just happened." I told him, he nodded. I looked around, then back at the screen.

"You sure? What are you looking for?"

"Yeah I'm fine I guess... just expressed my opinion witch made me feel like crap... " I said, he didn't know what to do, so he put his arms out, I laughed a little and hugged him. He hugged me back.

"I'm heading back to my place, wanna join me?" He asked, I wiped my tears and nodded.

"I'd like that! Thanks Ponyboy."

"No problem, you seem like you've had a hard time." I nodded, we walked side by side down the road, I was starting to shiver half way down the road, he noticed but didn't have a sweater since he had a muscle shirt made from a sweater.

He walked closer to me, wrapped an arm around me. I thanked him, he said it wasn't a big deal, but it was still raining so yea it was cold. We got to his house, he opened th door. I walked in after him and closed the door. I saw a few of his friends.

I noticed Steve wasn't here, I really couldn't care. He's ruined me, never will I say his name again from now on I'll use nicknames or him. I looked around, Soda was sitting at the kitchen table with a few boys. I sat down on the couch with a blanket Ponyboy gave me.

"You okay?" A boy asked, he had jet black hair, tan skin and a scar on the side of his face. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I guess... are you?" I asked him, he showed a small smile but nodded. I looked around and noticed Soda sit down beside me.

"AJ? You okay..." He asked me

"Yeah I guess, I snapped at my brother and him earlier. Feel better now I guess."

"Oh, you wanna stay the night?" He asked me, I was still upset and crying, not as much as I was when Ponyboy brought me here.

"Can I?"

"Yeah, I'll just grab a pillow and blanket for you. The guys should head out soon." He said, I nodded. Like he said, most of them left, Darry went to his room so did Ponyboy, the guys all left and the guy with black hair was last to leave, he made an excuse so that he didn't have to sleep here.

Soda came back with the pillows and blanket, I smiled, I decided to sleep on the couch closest to the chair, there was a second couch that looked older and was near the window. I slept on the one Ponyboy placed me on earlier.

"Thanks Soda, I really mean it, you've help me a lot since I've been here."

"Glad I could help you. Oh um do you have  school tomorrow?" He asked me, I nodded. He walked away, I heard a door close shut. I looked around and eventually fell asleep in the darkness of their living room.