Chapter 2

•Authors POV•

(Y/n) bursts through the Ruins exit. She took a moment to breathe before carrying on. She had tears streaming down her face from seeing Tori's dust though she didn't stop to mourn. She didn't have time.

(Y/n) knew they were about to fight.  Moments before now she had thought about Sans and saw him facing Chara. Alone.

I have to get there before one of them gets killed! She yelled in her own head. She teleported a short ways from the confrontation and ran up to Sans. She grabbed him by his hood and teleported them back to his house.

"Sans we need to talk." She gave him a glare and he shrunk a little. If you looked close enough you could see the worry and the fear clouding her eyes and she checked him for injuries. Eventually she seemed satisfied though she kept the look on her face. "Why the hell did you think confronting Chara was a good idea? You could have gotten hurt!" She pulled him into a quick hug before pulling back and slapping him. Not hard enough to do damage but hard enough to get her point across.

"You stupid numbskull!"

"First of all, you know I don't believe in the whole 'Chara' thing. It's all Frisk." Sans yelled. "And I knew I could take them. They are still weak!"

"Chara is real! And they are stronger then you could possibly imagine. They have an emotional advantage over you. They killed your brother." The last sentence came out as a whimper and tears welled in her eyes as she continued. "Even when they fight you in the end they have that control. And I have to watch every time as they kill you. You can't kill them. We need... I need your help. I promised a flower-"

His sad expression turns angry. "That weed?" He yelled angrily, "Why in the world would you make a promise with him? How stupid could you be?!"

(Y/n) shrunk back and cowered as tears fell from her eyes. He looked over at her and his face falls. He gains a guilty look and reaches toward her. Quickly ahe smacks his hand away and stands up straight. Tears continue to fall from her  eyes and she looked Sans dead in the eyes.

"Shut it Sans. You know I care for them all too. I love Papyrus just as much as you do. He's family to me. So stop acting like this because we can't save anyone if this is how you're going to be." A single blue tear runs down his cheekbone. "That 'weed' is my friend and without him we have no chance of ever living a normal or happy life. This whole genocide/ pacifist thing will continue reset after reset."  (Y/n) looks down at her hands before continuing in a small voice. "We need your help Sans."

With her last word she teleports away.

Chara wouldn't hesitate to continue killing monsters. (Y/n) would not just sit by and watch her friends and family get killed.

Sans sat for a few moments glaring at the spot (Y/n) had just been in. Slowly his gaze softened. "She's so strong..."

[Sans]

*Fight* *Act* *Item* *Mercy*

*Act*

*Trust* *Don't*

•An•

Hope you enjoyed. It took me a while to get into writing this chapter but once I did the words just came to me. If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote, or if not feel free to comment constructive criticism! Thank you for reading :3

~TuxKitty~

Edited: 7-4-18