Chapter 15

The wind flows over my outstretched wings as I hurriedly fly to Mount Ebott. The last few weeks have been pretty hectic, with humans trying to get used to monsters and monsters settling on the surface, so me and my friends decided to have a small night picnic so we can all relax together.

I'm running late. When we had broke free Asgore had asked me to be the monsters ambassador, so I had a meeting with the mayor of this town. Something about building a little neighborhood for the monsters.

Currently my friends are staying with me at my place, and it's pretty crowded so Sans and I had to share a room. I blush and shake that thought away as I land near the Underground's exit.

Alphys and Undyne are cuddling on a blanket, Asgore is playing with Frisk and Asriel, Toriel is talking to Mettaton and Papyrus is standing next to Gaster listening to their conversation, speaking up every now and again. Sans is nowhere to be seen. I walk up to Undyne and give her a huge grin when she kisses Alphys Cheek.

"Hey Alphys, hey Undyne. Have you seen Sans?" They both giggle and point to a blue blob sitting on the edge of a cliff. I giggle and sneak up behind him. Before he can notice me I through my wings around him and toss him in the air. He lets out a startled noise and starts coming back at the ground.

I laugh again and shoot up in the air catching him in my arms and fly around the mountain with him. Sans takes a moment to realize what happened and when he does he relaxes and wraps his arms around me.

"I guess you jut have to wing it sometimes."

I giggle and flap towards the top of the mountain again. "Hey vertebae, you were looking a little star struck."

He looks up at the stars and my smile widens. I stop flying so fast and bring myself up. I get pretty high, but it's pretty up here and he seems to like it. "Yea. I can't get over how pretty they are." He replies in a low whisper.

I glance up at the stars then back at him. He's so cute like this. I blush lightly when his eyes meet mine. I turn my head up and look at the stars to hide my embarrassment, but the moment my head moves away he lays a boney hand on my cheek and makes me look back into his eyes.

"I really love you (Y/n)."

My face cools a little as he buries his face into my neck and holds onto me tightly. I look back up at the sky and relax. With Sans... there really isn't anything to worry about. He really cares about me and I really care about him.

We are best friends, but we are also so much more. It's just beautiful. What we are is simply beautiful.

Eventually I hear my friends calling so I let myself sink towards the ground slowly. When we reach the ground everyone eats.

As we eat Sans tells pun after pun and I say a few too. Papyrus huffs and screams and anger as we all laugh over it.

This is what I live for now. Spending time with all the monsters I love.

An•

I'll probably take a break before starting the second book because of my wrist, but it will come out at most 1 and a half months after I finish this book.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed!

•Zila•