1

Chapter 1

It was a peaceful day in Auradon. Every villager was out that morning, selling goods to others. The sky shined with the brightness of the sun and the fluffiness of the clouds.

Princess MJ, Mal and Ben's daughter, was asleep in her bed, in her room, drooling on her lavender pillow case. The sun shined through the princess's window, reflecting off her eyes.
She sat up in her bed, letting her purple locks fall over her face. Today was a Monday in the end of May; Which meant MJ had to go to school. As the tired princess walked over to her closet, the Queen came into her daughter's room, carrying a very familiar book.

"Good morning, hun," Mal said.

MJ turned towards her mom. "Hey, Mom," she said followed by a yawn.

Mal sat on her daughter's bed as the princess got dressed. She quickly threw on a purple top, black leggings, a pair of purple converses, and a random bracelet, which was also purple. Mal nodded, approving her daughter's choice in color.

"You look gorgeous," the Queen said.

MJ blushed, neatly putting her hair in a bun without any effort. "Thanks, Mom. You look goregeous too."

Mal laughed as the princess finished with her hair. "MJ," Mal said, patting the bed for her daughter to sit. As she did, the Queen handed her the book.

"Why're you giving this to me?" MJ asked, flipping through the pages of her grandmother's spell book, recognizing a few spells.

Mal shrugged. "I thought you'd be ready for it since you'll be going to Auradon Prep very soon."

The princess looked up and stared into her mother's olive eyes. She couldn't help but be mesmerized by their color.

"I wish I had your eyes," MJ admitted.

Mal smiled, a bit embarrassed by her daughter's words. "Hun, your eyes are beautiful, too. Plus, in the light, they look just like honey." Giving her daughter a kiss on the forehead, Mal went downstairs to let MJ gather her school stuff together.

~

Ben has always known he was born to be the next king of Auradon. Though he was used to the feeling of having absolute power, the thought of forcing someone to cook and clean for you was preposterous. So, being the man he was, he decided to help Mrs. Potts and Chip make breakfast for his lovely royal family.

"And one dash of sugar," Ben said, putting a teaspoon of sugar into three cups of coffee.

Chip chuckled at the King's actions. "Mama?" he said. "I didn't know fourteen-year-olds drink coffee."

"Shoot," Ben said, palming his forehead. "I totally forgot; MJ's only a child."

"That isn't true, Ben," Mrs. Potts said.

The King looked up.

"She's turning into a beautiful, young woman. Soon, she'll be complaining all the time and yelling and talking about boys–"

"Woah, woah, woah," Ben said. "Let's not get crazy, Mrs. P."

Mrs. Potts and Chip exchanged looks before returning to their work.

Mal came into the kitchen just when Ben was about to dump the extra cup of coffee into the sink.

"Mmm, smells good in here," Mal said, holding Ben's hand.

Ben nodded and looked at Mrs. Potts. "Mal, darling, would you be a doll and ask our beautiful and not boy-obsessed daughter–" He glanced at Mrs. Potts. "–if she's ready for school?"