20

Chapter 20

"Please, for the sake of Auradon, be careful," Audrey said to the boys. The men nodded.

"We promise, my dear sweet," Jay said, kissing her forehead.

Ben smiled while looking at them. Their relationship was like his and Mal's. He blinked, coming back to reality. Doug was staring at him. "You okay, bro?" he asked.

Ben nodded. "Yeah, why?"

"Um, your suitcase is on your foot."

Ben looked at his feet. "Oh!" he said, moving the suitcase off of his toes. Doug chuckled and put the suitcase in the limousine. 

"This is going to be the coolest trip ever!" Carlos said, petting Dude. "It's gonna be better than going back to the Isle!"

Chad scoffed. "How is going to the Isle as cool as going to Camelot? The Isle is full of villains and spoiled food. Plus, I bet people haven't taken bathes there for a year."

"That's not true," Carlos said. "It's a month, excuse you." Carlos's face dropped. He noticed he didn't make it sound better.

"I hope the children are alright," Lonnie said to the women. "I have a feeling that something went wrong."

Evie touched Lonnie's hand. "Don't worry, Lon. The kids are fine."

"If they're fine, then how come they've been gone for two days?" Audrey asked, crossing her arms.

Jane nodded. "It does seem...odd."

"I bet Maleficent held them captive and is making them eat their own toes!" Audrey began sobbing, and Jane comforted her. Evie sighed and tapped her nails on the table. "Freddie?"

Freddie, who was enjoying a blueberry smoothie, stopped drinking and looked at Evie. "Yeah?"

"Do you have any idea where the kids could be? Why they're home so late?"

Freddie tapped her chin. "Hmm, I'm not sure. They could still be looking." The girls looked at her. "Or they're dead."

Audrey cried again and hugged Jane. Evie hit Freddie in the arm. Freddie shrugged and drank her smoothie. Ben came over to the girls. "Woah, what happened?"

Evie glared at Freddie. "Ask her."

Ben looked at Freddie, who just smiled. "Eves, where's Mal?"

"I'm not sure. I thought she came out with all of us."

Ben sighed, and began walking to the castle. "Ben? Where are you going?" Evie yelled after him.

"To find Mal!" he answered. "I'll be back in a while! I promise!"

"You better be!" Freddie yelled. "Or I'll wear your toes!"

~

Ben shook hands with some guards before he entered his kingdom. He looked through the halls and the grand kitchen. But there was no sign of the purple-haired Queen. "Mal?" Ben called down the halls. There wasn't an answer from her, but Ben heard his name being called. Ben sighed and walked to the voices. He smiled when he saw his parents. "Mom! Dad!" Ben said, hugging his folks.

Belle giggled and kissed her son's head. "We missed you! How've you been?"

"Great," Ben replied. "Just trying to find-"

"How's Mal?" Belle interrupted.

"Good. I'm just trying to-"

"Because your father and I brought some wonderful gifts for you two." She handed him two bags, a giant smile on his face. "Here hun."