25

Chapter 25

The Beast Moon was almost here, and everyone was excited to watch, the villains especially. That's what MJ feared. She knew her grandmother would do anything in her power to get revenge on Auradon. But she wouldn't get away with anything tonight.

"Okay, what do we do first?" MJ asked, looking at Franny.

"First you guys need to learn the spell," Franny answered, glancing at the princess and CJ. "MJ, where's your spell book?"

 The purple-haired girl bit her lip. "It's in my suitcase back at my grandma's. But don't worry, I can get it back." She cracked her knuckles, and then took a breath.

"Be careful, M," Ella said. "Don't forget, we're in the past, and the book is in the present."

MJ nodded, and then closed her eyes. "Curse my grandmother, for my ring she took, now for my revenge, bring me Maleficent's spell book!" Immediately, MJ's magic swarmed around her hands like a nest of small magical bugs. After a few seconds, it cleared, and the book was in the princess's palms. A smile grew on her face.

"It worked," Jayden said with complete amazement. "Well... I believe in everything now."

MJ opened the book to a blank page. She took a pen out of one of her pockets, clicked its top, and then looked up at Franny. "Okay, I'm ready."

"Write this down," Franny demanded, and then began reciting the spell she had said before. 

MJ wrote every word down with the pen, making sure all of her words looked neat and were correct. After she was done, she checked her work and nodded at Franny.

"You wrote everything?" the young fairy asked.

The princess nodded. "Yup. The spell is officially in here." She looked down at the page, a smile growing on her face.

"CJ, come here," Franny said, snapping and pointing to the ground in front of her. CJ came over and stood next to MJ. "Memorize the spell. We need to do this now."

CJ nodded, a bit startled by Franny's commanding voice. He looked at the spell on the page, rereading it in his head a few times. After a few seconds, he had memorized the whole thing. MJ was still reading it aloud to herself. She was whispering, and CJ couldn't help but stare at her lips. She looked at him for a second, and he pretended he was looking at his feet. 

"Are you both ready?" Franny asked.

MJ and CJ nodded. "Ready," they both said.

Franny nodded, and then grabbed Lory's hand. Lory took CJ's hand, who blushed as she did so, and then took MJ's. She then took Ella's hand, who then took Jayden's. They closed the little circle by Franny and Jayden taking hands. Ella frowned when she saw how perfectly their hands were together. She looked at her own hand with Jayden. They weren't nearly as perfect. I guess that means I lose, Ella thought, and then blinked back some tears.

Franny looked around the group. "Let's do this."

CJ looked between Lory and MJ. Unfortunately, he needed to use one of his hands to hold the wand, but which girl would he drop? Lory was so sweet and smelled like lilies. She did like him, but on the other hand (literally), he had MJ, the fierce and fearless girl who he'd always loved. She smelled of velvet, which is a scent CJ had always admired.

Okay, C, CJ thought to himself, which girl do you like more? Lory... or MJ? He looked between the two once again, and then finally decided on who he needed to hold on to. She was the most honest person he knew.

"Hey Lory?" he asked. "Is it okay if I use this hand to hold the wand? I feel more comfortable with my right hand." Okay, that was a lie, but he needed an excuse.