11

Chapter 11

Jayden and CJ were wondering around the place for a while. They were trying to find Jafar's shop.

"Where the heck is that shop?" Jayden asked, losing patience. "Where's a map when you need one?"

CJ shrugged and kept looking around. He was anxious to find MJ. She was his ... uh, um ... friend. Hehe, saved it. Anyway, the boys kept looking until they found Ursula's Fish and Chip Shoppe. Ursula was polishing some golden coins when the two stepped up to her.

"Oh, little boys," Ursula said. "How may I poison, I mean, help you?"

Jayden crossed his arms. "Excuse me, but I have leg hair. I am no 'little boy'."

Ursula gave an embarrassing cackle. "How old are you?"

"Fourteen," Jayden answered. "Have you seen a girl pass by?"

Ursula's face dropped. "Way to be specific."

"We're looking for a girl with dark eyes and purple hair," CJ added. "She's a VGK, just like us."

"You're VGKs?" Ursula asked. "Have you met my VK?"

Jayden looked at CJ, then CJ cleared his throat. "No, ma'am. We haven't."

"Have you seen Maleficent's VGK?" Jayden asked, changing the subject.

"Maleficent's VGK?" Ursula said slowly. "I've seen her. She came by earlier and ate one of my shrimps."

The boys became hopeful. "Do you know where she went?" Jayden asked, fixing the beanie on his head.

Ursula shook her head. "I am no stalker, young villains. Now, get out of my face."

"Don't you mean tentacles?" CJ asked, then began laughing at his joke. Jayden rolled his eyes as Ursula glared at CJ. Jayden pulled CJ away. "Dude, don't ever do that again. Ever."

CJ nodded. "Sorry. I'm just getting ready to im-uh ... ahem, uh."

"Impress MJ?" Jayden teased.

CJ blushed. He shrugged and bit his lip. "I don't know."

Jayden put his arm around CJ. "Carlos Junior, if there's anything I can tell you about girls, it's that they go for guys like me ... not like you."

CJ sighed. "I don't know if that's true. I mean, not all girls like jocks and guys with cool hair. MJ would like me for me." He began walking faster, determined to find MJ. Jayden followed him.

Suddenly, the boys found Jafar's Junk Shop. CJ knocked on the door and waited for a response. When there wasn't one, Jayden kicked the door open with his foot.

"If your foot breaks off at all today," CJ started, "I'm gonna say I told you so."

Jayden ignored him and went into the shop. It was a very warm place, and very desert looking. The walls were orange and covered in knick knacks on shelves.

"Woah," CJ said.

Jayden hopped over the counter and typed on the cash register. "Good afternoon, young nerd boy who's in love with a grape-haired dragon girl, how may I help you?" he teased.

CJ shushed him. "MJ could be here. Let's go look."

Jayden and CJ looked around the place. They looked in the back, searching through every cabinet and door they saw. But MJ wasn't there.

"She's not here," CJ said in a hurt voice.

Jayden patted his back. "Don't worry dude. We're going to find–"