14

Chapter 14

Maleficent knocked on Cruella's door. She waited a little, then Cruella answered, dressed in her bathrobe and curlers in her hair. "Oh, it's you," Cruella said. "Come in."

Maleficent came into the house, looking around at the bookcases. Her green eyes blazed for a moment before she turned around. "Very nice place you have. No wonder Carlos is so scared of the world."

Cruella closed the door and lit a cigarette. "What do you want, Maleficent? Because if you can't tell, I'm kind of busy here."

Maleficent held up her hand, showing Cruella the ring on her thumb. It reflected off the windows, giving it a golden shine. The green dragon emerald shined too. Cruella crossed her arms. "How do you plan to do this? You know that your grand-daughter will come barging in and try to stop you. So what's the point? If you know you'll be stopped, why still go with the plan?"

Maleficent began pacing. "I believe that we will get off this dreadful island, then take over Auradon. It is our dream to get off this island. Don't you want that? Don't you want to watch the people who put us here suffer?"

"I guess not as much as I used to," Cruella answered, walking towards the door and opening it. "Now get out."

Maleficent walked out. "Fine. But you'll regret not listening to me."

Cruella rolled her eyes. "Yeah, okay."

Once Maleficent was gone, Cruella huffed and looked out at the street. "What did you do?" Cruella shouted onto the street. 

Maleficent turned around, a big ol' smirk on her face. "Weeelll, I was just being evil. And, since you probably don't want to join my plan, I should probably just go."

Cruella smoked and cocked an eyebrow. "Your plan? Let me guess ... you kidnapped one of them, didn't you?"

Maleficent shrugged. "I wouldn't call it kidnapping. I'd call it ... borrowing."

Cruella rolled her eyes and smoked. "Yeah. No wonder we're on this island."

Maleficent crossed her arms. Cruella was a stubborn ... dog. She had to get her on her side. And before the little rats tried to find CJ.  "I have your grandson," Maleficent said.

Cruella dropped her cigar. "Why? He's a nice, young boy. What did he do to you?"

"Well let's see ... I borrowed him because he's the easiest to mess with. That boy is ... too gullible. So, I'm just waiting for MJ and her little gang of heroes to finally show up, so I can use the power of the ring. Easy peasy."

Cruella smiled. "I want in. I also want to see my little Carlos again."

Maleficent nodded. "You'll see him, I promise you that. He'll be even more evil after I'm finished."

"What about Jafar and Evil Queen's kids?" Cruella asked.

Maleficent chuckled. "Everyone in Auradon will bow down to us, De Vil. We will be the new rulers. I'm thinking we change Auradon to, uh ... Evildon. Mwahahaha!"

Cruella and her cackled, then she followed Maleficent back to the Bargain Castle.

~

Just walking off Captain Hook's ship, the five Junior Descendants were determined to find CJ, get MJ's ring back, and save Auradon before anything happened. They decided to take a little break to think. They walked into town and stopped for a snack at the Goblin's Cafe.

Suddenly, Ella heard Franny gagging. "Are you okay?" she asked. Franny spit out her cheesecake. "Yuck! I forgot about the food here. EW!"

Ella and Lory chuckled. Ella sucked on the lollipop she had. While Jayden was rapping to his music, a girl walked by and gave him a weird face. Jayden looked up at her and took her headphones off.