16

Chapter 16

"What do you mean he got away?!" Maleficent yelled.

Gaston gulped. "He–he's not in the back–"

"Why did you let him get away?! Why are you such an imbessal?!"

"My sons think I'm quite smart–"

Maleficent's eyes pierced green. She was beyond angry. She was mad! Okay, so that's not really beyond angry, eh, you get what I mean.

"Maybe there's a way to find where he went," Gaston suggested. "We can get clues."

Maleficent gritted her teeth and began walking to the door. She stopped, noticing Mother Gothel holding her foot and hopping. "What are you doing?" she asked.

Mother Gothel dropped her foot. "I was stomped on...by that crazy lady."

"Where did she leave to?"

"I don't know. Probably back to her house. I gotta get ice." And just like that, Gothel was gone. Maleficent crossed her arms. Suddenly, there was a knock. The door opened before Maleficent said anything.

"Sorry to bother you, Gaston," Evil Queen began, but then noticed Maleficent. "When did you get here?"

"A long time ago," Maleficent answered. "What do you want?"

"Well, I wanted to ask why Cruella was running away with a small boy."

"Boy?"

Evil Queen nodded. "Yes, a boy."

"Pale?"

"Yes."

"Brown hair with white tips?"

"I think."

"Piercing blue eyes?"

"Maybe."

"Very frightened looking?"

There was a long pause. "Yes, actually," Evil Queen answered.

Maleficent hissed. "That devil!" she yelled.

"Actually, it's De Vil," Evil Queen said.

Maleficent glared at her. "That dog shaving criminal is ruining everything! The first thing I will do when we rule Auradon is lock her up with everyone else."

Evil Queen touched her heart. "Aw."

"What?"

"You said we."

Maleficent stomped her foot. "Curse my needing of assistance... Besides that, we must track down the boy. Oh, and the rest of them. MJ has the greatest power. I must have it!"

"I don't understand," Evil Queen said. "She's only fourteen. How could she have the most power?"

"Mal," Maleficent answered. "It was Mal."

Just then, Jafar came into the bar. He jumped when he saw the two villains. "When did you get here?" he asked.

"A minute ago, I believe," Evil Queen answered.

"Where's dog lady?"

"She ran away," Maleficent replied. "With her grandson."

"Grandson?" Evil Queen and Jafar said together.

Maleficent nodded. "And I need him back. He has a power too."

"Do all the children have a power?" Jafar asked.

"But if that is so, we'll be defeated," Evil Queen said. "There's more of them than us."

"Queen, there are only six children," Maleficent said. "There are a million villains in this place. No wonder you're not a math teacher."