5

Chapter 5

As the Juniors went through their classes that sunny Tuesday morning, MJ couldn't help but daydream (well, more like day-nightmare) about what evil plan her grandmother could be stirring up. Sweat started to beat off the princess's head as her mind took her to a dark place.

MJ stood in an atmosphere of complete chaos, fallen bricks surrounding her as all she could see was her grandmother's lime aura, creating a path any fool would follow. Unfortunately, the princess was that fool, and though she didn't want to, her legs began to move towards the light, leaving whatever it was around her completely in the dust. She tried her hardest to stop herself from traveling any more, but her inner self wouldn't let the poor princess go.

Why are you fighting against this? MJ's voice echoed in the wind, yet it wasn't her voice. It sounded as though the princess had spent her years on the Isle instead of in the safe environment of Auradon. MJ's breathing slowed so she could hear the voice a bit better.

You wanted this, you pesky fool! You wanted these people to treat you better, and now you rule over them. Make them pay for their ignorance.

An explosion sounded from behind the princess, whatever had been there now disintegrated. Lime fire controlled the grass while smoke filled the air. MJ tried her hardest to avoid the ineffable burning surrounding her, but the flames followed the young girl, spreading like a sickness.

Suddenly, the flames grew wildly, covering the land with their powerful glow. MJ backed away, but soon realized nothing could put out this internal fire. And that was when her eyebrows furrowed, her hands locked into fists, her eyes lit up as the flames around her flourished to new heights. And the princess of Auradon took a step into the darkness.

Weakling, her voice echoed as the flames burning the ground became nothing more than imaginary.

~

Knock knock, went the Beast Castle's doors as they clashed with the small but endearing hand of Ella, the petite blue-haired girl waiting for either a guard, a maid, or (preferably) her best friend to welcome her to the palace.

Ella didn't have to wait long before she was greeted by the princess, who opened the door faster than Lory could put her hair up in a ponytail. MJ's facial expression frightened her small friend even though a smile was plastered on her face.

"Hey, El," the princess said, her breathing heavy.

Ella ignored the voice inside her head telling her to ask the princess what was wrong. "Hey, M," she replied instead. She then showed her friend the black suitcase behind her. "I brought my finest fabrics, just for you. So, are we thinking plum, amethyst, or mulberry for your gloves?"

The princess paused, her brain lagging like an old computer. "You have a color palette, don't you?" she asked, suddenly forgetting her favorite color.

Ella nodded, and the two teenagers traveled to MJ's room, joking with each other as they spiraled up the stairs, knowing that they would forever be best friends.

When they arrived to their destination, Ella immediately went over to the princess's vanity, opened her suitcase, and lied out as many purple-like fabrics as she could fit.

MJ smiled when her bestie whipped out her design book, a clear sketch of the princess's coronation dress drawn with the most precise strokes. MJ admired her friend's hard work.