9

Chapter 9

"Now remember to be careful," Evie told Ella, helping Doug put her suitcase in the limousine.

"I will, Mom. I promise," Ella said, then gave her mother a big hug.

Jayden hugged Jay and Audrey before putting his bag in the limousine, then opening the door to let Ella get in.

"You do good things," Carlos said to CJ, rubbing his head.

CJ nodded, then hugged his mother. "Have fun, CJ. We love you," Jane said, kissing his forehead.

Suddenly, a baby blue pumpkin carriage showed up in front of the Beast Castle. Lory and Franny came out. "Bye Mom! Bye Dad!" Lory said, waving back to the carriage.

The window rolled down, and Lonnie's face was revealed. "Bye honey! Be safe!" she called. Chad waved behind her.

Lory and Franny ran up to the others. CJ held the door open for them while Doug took their things.

"Okay, are we all packed and ready to go?" Audrey asked, clapping her hands.

"Almost," Mal answered. "Where's Freddie?"

All of a sudden, Frank, Freddie and Gil's son, was running up to the crowd. Frank was a tall boy with peanut butter colored skin with dark eyes and hair. He was wearing a dark purple shirt with a black jacket and skinny jeans. He was wearing combat boots and a skull necklace.

"Frank, my dude," Jayden said, giving Frank a man-hug.

Frank fist-bumped CJ, and the girls swooned.

"Hello Frank," Ben said. "Where's your mother?"

Frank pointed behind him with his thumb. "She was right behind me. Dad too."

Suddenly, Freddie showed up behind Ben and Mal. "Miss me?" she asked.

Ben jumped as Mal crossed her arms.

"Well, now that Freddie is here, let's hurry up and rap this thing up," Audrey said, holding Jay's hand.

Freddie lifted her hat, then got into the driver's seat. As she started the car up, CJ and Jayden got in, then Freddie drove through town.

~

Freddie drove until they arrived at the edge of Auradon.

"Okay, so which remote do I use to open the bridge?" she asked.

"That one," Ella said, pointing to a small remote with a red button.

Freddie nodded and pressed the button, which revealed the bright yellow bridge, leading to the Isle of the Lost. As they drove over the water, Ella watched as she saw alligators snapping their jaws at the limousine as it drove by. Ella sat back down in her seat. "These alligators don't look friendly."

Jayden glanced at the window. "Don't worry. They won't touch you. 'Cause if they do, I'll cook their children."

Ella hit him in the arm as he chuckled. "Kidding."

"Does anyone know when we'll get there?" Lory asked, braiding Franny's hair.

"It should be a couple of minutes," CJ answered. "Why?"

"Um, I have to use the little girl's room."

Suddenly, the limousine made a loud screech and the five kids flew forward.

"Woah. What the heck?" Jayden said. "Does she even know how to drive?"

Suddenly, Freddie's face appeared in the window. "Sorry 'bout that," she apologized. "I almost hit someone. Y'all can get out now."