23

Chapter 23

Two minutes later, the limousine reached Auradon. CJ had half-fallen asleep when Jayden nudged him in the arm. "Wake up, sleepy-head," Jayden whispered.

CJ sat up, rubbing his eye with a hand. "Does my hair look okay?"

"I don't know, dude. It's too dark."

"I thought you had great night-vision," Ella interrupted.

Jayden turned to her voice. "I do. But for some reason, it's not working right now."

"I guess it only works with Franny by your side." She flashed him a fake smile.

The beanie-wearing boy rolled his eyes, and then looked at CJ. His friend couldn't see him, but chuckled, then the car stopped. 

"What just happened?" Ella asked, looking around the trunk.

"The car stopped," Jayden answered, "genius."

She stuck her tongue out at him. She hated it when he'd tease her, even when they were dating. It annoyed her more than when people say "mirror, mirror" instead of "magic mirror". Suddenly, the trunk opened and the blue-haired girl turned to her friend and tapped her on the arm, waking the princess up. The four saw the driver reach for one of the bags, and then his hand went through CJ's body.

"His hand is in me! His hand is in me!" The young De Vil kept repeating the same words until he fainted before finishing his sentence. 

The others jumped out of the car before the driver ghosted through anyone else. Jayden held his buddy in his arms, and then slapped the boy on his cheek, waking him up. CJ opened his eyes, surprised to see Jayden fixing his hair. 

"CJ, are you okay?" Ella asked.

He nodded. "Yeah, but that's going to scar me forever."

"Same," Jayden said, and then started laughing. "Dude, you sounded like a chicken."

CJ crossed his arms. "I'm a manly chicken, excuse you."

"Isn't that a rooster?"

There was a pause. "You got me there."

Everyone shared a chuckle, then suddenly, they heard yelling. 

"Why do you want this, whatever it is?!"

"'Cause you want it!"

MJ turned around. Her eyes widened once she saw Auradon Prep. She then walked around the car, the others following her. Carlos and Jay were fighting for a blue quilt. Evie's eyes were wondering around, checking out the scenery, while Mal kicked Carlos in the leg. "Guys!" she whispered through gritted teeth. "We have an audience."

The two boys got off the ground as a lady in a blue dress told them to leave the things they had in their hands. The woman smiled brightly at the four VKs, which was very familiar to... Fairy Godmother, MJ thought.

She introduced two teenagers to the VKs, a boy with honey-brown hair, dressed quite nicely in a dark blue blazer, and a girl with brown and gold hair and light brown skin. She was dressed in baby pink and blue. "This is Ben and Audrey," Fairy Godmother told them.

Ella and CJ gasped, while MJ and Jayden began to walk forward. "Mom?" he asked, and at the same time, MJ said, "Dad?"

Jay, being the boy he was, winked at Audrey, giving her a charming smile, Evie started staring at Ben dreamily once she heard he was a prince, Carlos licked chocolate from his fingers, and Mal tried to hide her disgust. Royals had always annoyed her. Ben began to shake everyone's hands, giving them a fairly nice introduction. As he shook Mal's hand, the two looked at each other differently than anyone else. It seemed like they knew each other, and then Ben moved onto Carlos. MJ smiled. She loved seeing her parents together, just being in love. That reminded her of a story her mother had told her.