28

Chapter 28

Auradon looked just as it did around twenty years ago, the last time Maleficent had been here. Her smile dropped once she saw how beautiful Auradon's town was, even at night. The streets were clean, and none of the stores had graffiti painted on their windows. Not even a little. 

"Mal sure did a great job as queen, huh?" Evil Queen asked, impressed. 

Maleficent glared at her, causing the old queen to drop her smile and the thought. As the group walked down the town, Cruella trailed behind a bit. She didn't really want to hurt anyone or sabotage the kingdom at all, but still went along with the plan. She didn't want anyone to think she had gone soft. No villain did. But still, the idea of revenge was just idiotic to Ms. De Vil. It had been too many years. She didn't care anymore. But, Cruella ignored her thoughts and kept moving.

"Which way to the castle?" Evil Queen asked, sort of staring at the beauty of the Beast Castle.

Maleficent looked at the map she had brought with her. "What is wrong with this darn map?" she asked frustrated as she turned the map several different ways.

Mother Gothel rolled her eyes and turned the map the right way. The arrow was telling them to head straight forward. As they did so, Evil Queen stopped everyone in their tracks. She pointed in front of herself. "Isn't that your boy, Jafar?"

The old merchant titled his head and looked to where the queen was pointing. His eyebrows raised. "It is my boy!"

"Shush!" Mother Gothel commanded. "If he sees us, then he'll go and tell the kingdom and our plan will be ruined."

Jay cocked an eyebrow like he'd heard something but just continued walking.

"We need to be quiet," Mother Gothel continued, "so shut your trap!"

All the villains kept walking, each of them keeping their mouths closed. If anyone made a sound, it'd all be over.

"I know we're not supposed to talk, but are we heading in the right direction?" Evil Queen whisper-asked to Maleficent.

The wicked fairy nodded. "If we follow the trail, we'll get there quicker."

"That's fair."

Suddenly, the nine heard a scream. They turned around quickly. Maleficent's worry went away when she saw that it was only Cinderella's son screaming and pointing at them. He kept going, making the villains wish they didn't have eardrums. He stopped at one point, just blinking at the group.

"V-v-v-v-villains," Chad stammered.

Maleficent smiled at him. "Hello, prince. Nice to see you too."

"What do we do?" Evil Queen asked.

"Chad? Chad? Are you okay? Chad?" someone called.

"Run," Maleficent answered, and then the nine started off towards the Beast Castle.

Lonnie and Jay eventually found the lost prince. His face was stuck though, looking like he was still screaming. "Chad?" Jay called, waving his hand in front of the prince's face. "You good?"

"They're here," Chad whispered.

"Who's here?" Lonnie asked.

"Them."

Jay looked at Lonnie. He cocked an eyebrow, wondering who "them" were. "Chad, who's them?" he asked.

The prince looked between Jay and his wife. He grabbed Jay's collar. "The villains! They're here!"

Lonnie and Jay exchanged worried looks. "We gotta get back to the castle," the long-haired man said.

Mulan's daughter nodded. "I know a shortcut. Jay, round up the boys, then meet us there."