Chapter 4: Push It

Cinnamon
I had to literally drag Sapphire from down the balcony. Apparently some old old ex was getting handsy and when Sapphire's tipsy, she's extra feisty. While dragging Sapphire away giving her reassurance & calm words I smelled that particular scent again. That scent was stronger than the first time like the person was standing in front of me. I diminished the thought & continued to fix my night.

Sapphire & I danced to every single song even the slow nasty ones. We weren't drawing much attention except there's this one guy who kept looking our way. I could not make out their features in the lighting.

"Girl, who's that guy over there with the fro keep glancing at us? You know him or something?" I questioned simply because I HATED being stared at.

"That's only the biggest King Pin around! Dez runs one of the largest cartels on this side of Cali. He's also international girl don't look over there.." Sapphire explained trying to get back in the dancing mood.

I thought to myself. 'Dez'. That name sounds kind of familiar. Familiar like back home familiar. As good as I covered it up, that distracted feeling wouldn't go away.

Eventually we left the party but not without smelling that Ralph Lauren Polo Red Cologne..

Desmond
"Ight lemme tell you sum shorty. I don't have to explain my decisions to some broke down, no good, scheming female like yourself. Now if I was you I would walk away & enjoy the party but if you really feeling bold then we'll see who can really cause a scene.." I whispered in Paradise's ear as her eyes widen. With that she walked away as if nothing happened. I decided to walk around & just see everything not before hearing yelling coming from the balcony.

'It's always drama somewhere' I thought to myself. Suddenly I stopped. I heard a voice of angels & a smell that was the sweetest kiss goodnight. I wrote it off as trippin after searching around looking for the match. As I approached my friends again the table was full of drinks & I helped myself. While enjoying my 4th drink I occasionally glanced at the dancefloor.

"Bro either I'm trippin or maroon is my new favorite color!" J exclaimed nudging Ben.

"Yeah I know she's all brains but DAMN she got a body. Slim thick at it's finest!.." Ben declared looking to Desmond for a response. There was none. He was caught in the 1000 mile stare. He analyzed her smile & the way she moved to the beat. Then he furrowed his brows together.

"She's a beauty but I think I know her." I mumbled under my breath. No one heard my confession & the night continued.

8 bottles later the guys were ready to leave & stumbling out the door. I was the only one who could really handle myself. I threw his bros in my car and drove quietly to my house. This girl would not get out of my mind & I couldn't piece together where I knew her from.

'Maybe she's one of the girls from the islands I visit' I thought. I brushed off whoever she was & declared it unimportant. I pulled up at my house telling my bros to go in as I sat in the car for a minute. Business first.