Chapter 18: Kickback part 2

Desmond
So this is what she felt like when I walked out of her life. This is the emptiness she held in that beautiful heart of hers.

I sighed heavily as I stood up to walk back to the party. I know she wouldn't show her frustration so I couldn't show my hurt.

Walking down the stairs I made a beeline to the bar and made a drink. Having no idea what I just mixed together, I chugged it down before grabbing a large bottle of Hennessy.

Plopping down on the couch next to some random girl J brought, I tried to get into the festivities.

Cinnamon, Sapphire, Ben and J were all playing Spades. So far Cinnamon's team was in the lead, but that was expected.

She squinted her brown doe eyes and raised her eyebrow at Sapphire, meaning 'Get this one'.

"So what do I get if I win?" Sapphire asked.

J smirked then licked his lips, "Whatever you see that you like.."

"Hmm in that case.." she threw down her final card; The Big Joker. After that she hopped up, grabbed Cinnamon, turned to J and said "This is the only thing I like, we'll be back.."

Everyone erupted into laughter as the doorbell echoed through the house. Not wanting to interfere with the vibe, I hopped up to answer the door.

Cinnamon
As soon as I heard the doorbell, I felt different. The room's vibe turned grey and I felt as though something wasn't right.

I intensely watched Desmond go answer the door. I ended up peeking around a corner so I could see him.

Nobody notices when I leave a room because I'm eerily quiet.

Watching him open the door I could see tall figures with massive shadows standing on the porch. Bottle still in his hand they start to interact.

"Nah man I don't remember ordering anything from Rashaad. I don't do business with him. Y'all got the wrong house.." Desmond stated nonchalantly as he tried to close the door. After that everything moved in slow motion.

The door busted open causing Desmond to lose his balance. The Hennessy bottled shattered. Without even thinking, I ran to him. I was running with everything in me but wasn't going anywhere. Someone grabbed me by my waist holding me in the air. Two guys snatched Desmond off the ground and held him by the arms.

As we both struggled to break free, some average height man in an all white suit stepped through the door. He pulled out a Rose Gold Desert Eagle and aim at Desmond's chest.

I punched the man holding me in the ear and was dropped immediately. Scrambling to my feet I-

BLAM!

BLAM!

BLAM!

They released his limp body and walked out the door. With every bullet that hit him, my heart broke more.

I screamed a blood curdling screaming running to his side. I ripped big pieces off my dress to apply pressure to the wounds. Holding his head while doing my breathing techniques I called the ambulance.

"SAPPHIRE GET IN HERE IT HAPPENED SAPPHIRE IT HAPPENED!!"

She ran in immediately knowing what I was talking about grabbing the phone to give the paramedics directions.

I held Desmond and rubbed his face gently.

"It's alright baby just don't close those beautiful brown eyes okay?" I said allowing the tears to fall.

His dreamy eyes stared blankly up at me.

"Remember that one time I fell on the side of your bed and got stuck? You laughed for 30 minutes and still didn't help me..remember baby.." I forced a smile then bit my lip.

He laughed slightly this winced. "Yeah I..I could never forget...too thick.." he smiled weakly closing his eyes.

"No no stay woke for me okay? Let me see those eyes baby" I took his glasses off staring in his eyes. He grabbed my face bringing my ear to his lips.

"Thank you..for everything. I..love you Diosa.." his body got heavy in my lap. I stared blankly as the paramedics rushed in and got him off of me. I couldn't hear anything. My vision was blurred.

I only felt myself be lifted bridal style and sat into a backseat. This was on me. I knew when I felt the change in vibe I should've stopped him.

Tears fell but I made no sound. I was numb. I had died once again.

"Heal him God..." I said no louder than a whisper as everyone in the car began to pray.