Chapter 6: Memories Faded

Several Years Prior
"You make me insane you know that right?" Cinnamon confessed with a blushed smile sighing. Desmond smirked getting as close as he could in the back seat.

"Is that a bad thing?" he asked sincerely. "Yes and no because yes it's not good to make someone insane" Cinnamon laughed " and no because I just feel like this is for real. Not some puppy love but real honest love. I know you're graduating before me but I don't care at all I'll still love you.." Cinnamon's words lingered in the air. Desmond grabbed both of her hands looking down.

"I love you too so much..that's why I have to do what's best for us & what's best for me.." Desmond admitted. A wave of confusion washed over Cinnamon's face. "What does that me-" Desmond pushed his lips against hers. He kissed her with so much passion, yet she tasted a hint of sadness & her heart dropped. She knew whatever was going to happen next wasn't good.

"We can't be together.." Desmond whispered trying to find his voice. He practiced saying this so so many times but it still wasn't easy. Cinnamon's big brown eyes began to water as she clenched her teeth to hold the tears back.

"Why" was all she could ask as tears fell. Desmond looked away knowing if he looked at that beautiful baby face he would change his mind. He had to do this. To protect her & himself. He hardened his face opening the back seat door gently pulling Cinnamon out. He climbed into the driver seat & cranked the car up. Cinnamon's anxieties began to rise. She began to hyperventilate a little.

"Desmond why..did I do something? Is it because of school? Please talk to me Poodie please please plea-" he sped off leaving her in the parking lot of an abandoned movie theater. Cinnamon inhaled sharply not believing her eyes then dropped to the ground screaming. She screamed as if Desmond reached into her chest & ripped her heart out. She screamed & you could hear the pain in her sobs. This wasn't a boo hoo cry. This was cursing the universe & all the forces that brought them together.

Desmond glanced in the rear view mirror hearing & seeing his princess cry in pain. He punched the gas harder. He could not go back for her. Truth was he had to leave her because if she found out about him being in the drug game she would hate him. Some of their worst arguments was around the topic of selling dope. He knew she would not support that lifestyle but he couldn't resist it.

Desmond shakily rolled up a blunt and lit it. He inhaled deeply, to his full lung capacity. As he exhaled tears came out. The only girl that could make him cry was her. He knew he lost the only rider for him. He also knew if she stayed they would definitely target her. It's for the best he thought wiping his tears. Time to handle business. God just please promise you'll protect her please..he silently prayed as a customer approached his car.