Chapter 26: June's over? Julying

Cinnamon

It was almost the fall and that means I have to start school back. I sprayed heat protectant on my leave out and flat ironed it carefully. Don't get me wrong I am natural but I really love sew ins.

After finishing that I blended it in and checked my phone. No notifications. I sighed walking back to my bedroom looking for some tennis shoes. I don't know where Sapphire is so I guess today is just a me day.

After dousing myself in my body spray I grabbed my keys, my bookbag and left out the door. Making sure to lock it behind me I then strolled down the stairs right to my car. Deciding to go to the mall I buckled up, hooked my phone up and pressed 'shuffle'. Normal start to a normal July day.

Sapphire

"Look, I understand how frustrated you are but I just can't make you get better. If I could I would. You're going to have to push your and do these exercises ok? If the pain is too much let me know but you have to at least try Derrick" I stated firmly placing my clipboard down.

I loved my job but it has it's frustrations. Especially working with athletes no one wants to miss a second of game time. I can understand that but how can you play with a broken talus??

They give a 110% every game but can't give me 10 minutes of stretching. I took my clipboard over to my computer so I could transfer the data. While typing I began to remember I didn't tell Cinnamon I had to work today. Rolling my eyes at myself I finished typing Derrick's progress.

Considering his mindset today it wasn't much progress but that's okay. He'll get there as long as I'm helping him.

I stood up going over to Chelsea. She was a soccer player who has been ignoring her leg pains since she was a freshman in highschool. Now she's currently a senior and is on the verge of having to sit out a season.

"Hello how are you? I'm Ms. Sapphire I'm going to be your physical therapist for the next" I flipped through her paper work "3-5 months. Now don't get upset, we'll only meet 3 times out of the week and if you get better at all through that time period we'll discharge you. So tell me a little bit about you" I smiled softly.

Benjamin

I parked my car and grabbed the money I made today and started counting. I blew a breath of irritation. I was currently $300 short. Knowing Desmond oh I mean Dez and his current state, it's gonna be my ass.

I buckled up driving to one of the spots where I knew he'd be. Walking straight in I ignore all the half naked girls counting money and/or bagging dope. Going to the very back room I knocked twice and waited.

"Yeah?" he said in an annoyed tone. I pushed the door open seeing him sitting behind his desk. He looked really bad.

His eyes were sunken in slightly and he looked as if he lost weight. I sighed sitting down.

"Hey bro how have you been man? You don't loo-" he held his hand up cutting me off.

"Business first" was all he said.

I reached in my bookbag and pulled out the stacks of money. "That's about 12,700 I know I was supposed to have 13,000 today but I didn't make the quota. I'm down to put my own money with it though. I really don't want you to miss out on your money.." I faded out trying to read his expression.

He nodded his head flipping through a few stacks of money before setting them down.

"Since you my bro and never gave me any shit it's cool. You actually brought more than enough but I set your quota higher than the rest because I know you'll get it or close to it. I respect your honesty and still being man enough to show up." His posture changed and he took a deep breath.