Chapter 17: Kickback

Sapphire
Scarlet's party was completely wild. I didn't drink honestly because I wanted to be level headed for Cinnamon. Every drink I didn't have she made up for it.

The down side to be being sober is I remember EVERYTHING. The lap dance was full of lust and desire. My crush for her further bloomed. It's never been a crush serious enough for me to say something. It's like the crushes you develop from loving someone's company.

We all grew up together, Desmond, Cinnamon and I, through middle school/high school. I became friends with Desmond because I always kept him out of retract. I knew how to hack the tardy station system and I worked in the office. Once I figured out that was Cinnamon's universe I made it my priority to look out for him.

There are so many drug searches I'd never tell Cinna about for the sake of their love. Even after they broke up I decided to keep his secrets to myself and not expose him. That's wack in all honesty.

I've had to help poor Sweetness through so much. After that horrible ass breakup that girl spiraled out of control completely...

I shuddered thinking about so many nights I've had to save Cinnamon.

Finishing up breakfast, I went over to the blender starting up my famous Hangover-Be-Gone concoction. I know the first thing Cinnamon did was scrunch up her tiny bunny nose soon's she woke up. Hangovers truly suck, especially for a lightweight like her.

Pouring the mix into her cup, I set up the breakfast on the tray. I picked it up and walked to my room pushing the door open with my butt.

"Good morningggg Sunshinee.." I lowly sung seeing her smile weakly.

"Hey..oh aww you made me breakfastt. Phire you know you didn't hav-"

"Shhh I know I know your pride doesn't allow people to do things for you I knoww. Just hush up and eat will you?" I smiled laughing a little.

Handing her the tray, she started saying grace then wasted no time devouring EVERYTHING on the tray.

After coming up for air she spoke, "Desmond invited us over to his house for a kickback. He stays like 45 minutes away so I'll drive. Come with me pleaseee moma?" she pleaded with those big beautiful eyes.

I smiled slightly, "Now you know you didn't even have to ask! I'm picking your outfit because I already know you thinking about wearing your wack ass Adidas outfit hell no. You gotta be extra fine you hear me? Not in a showing skin way, but I want you to glow.." I raised my eyebrows twice with low eyes.

"FEAL" she said loudly with a mouthful of waffles. Gross!

"Take your time eating love I'm going to shower then run you a sit down bath. Make sure you drink the entire drink or it won't work okay?" I stated firmly more than asked. With that I started off into the bathroom.

Desmond
"So what is this, Operation: Get the Girl?" J taunted over the group video chat.

"Honestly I think there's no harm in y'all just talking I mean y'all went years without talking. It has to mean something for y'all to just meet up so many times suddenly. Don't tell me you didn't move to Cali  in hopes for her keeping her promise she made her sophomore year either. You love her bro admit it!" Ben nagged as I rolled my eyes.

I know I did love her, but I also know Cinnamon. She doesn't deserve some drug dealer like me. She deserves a real man who isn't always looking over his shoulder. I know without a doubt as soon as I get her close they'll put a bullet through her head. Being lowkey how I was without her was the best decision I could've made for her.